• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PPG Pace cars for sale...again

Sometimes it takes one or two auctions of your reserve not being met before you recognize what someone will pay. Hoping that's the case here and the cars will get down to "reasonable land" (under $10k).

Auction ended. Had a high bid of $13,900. Reserve was not met. He also lowered the BIN to $22,900. I wonder if he's working out a deal behind the scenes. I honestly didn't expect it to reach this high. He could be making a nice profit.

Auction ended. Had a high bid of $13,900. Reserve was not met. He also lowered the BIN to $22,900. I wonder if he's working out a deal behind the scenes. I honestly didn't expect it to reach this high. He could be making a nice profit.

Or a shill bidder to drive up the price to make it look more in demand than what it really is

id definitely rock that gold or orange(?) one in a heart beat but being non-streetable sucks.

id take the mystic purple one too. but i wouldnt pay much over $10k for either model. besides the folks on ceg, no one else will really appreciate the car which will make it virtually worthless. throw it on BJ and lol at the reactions from the bidders.

its just a contour painted a stupid color, with ugly rims and exhaust on it, with no stereo. sure it has a cage... great. so do the bondurant cars, i'd rather rock yellow :) i really want a bondurant car to build for the track lol

its just a contour painted a stupid color, with ugly rims and exhaust on it, with no stereo. sure it has a cage... great. so do the bondurant cars, i'd rather rock yellow :) i really want a bondurant car to build for the track lol

But they are one of the first few built. Thats what makes them worth it, but they def are not worth 22k.

Thats exactly what it is. Look at the Bid History. Why would the same person raise his bid from $8,100 to $11,100 when no one else bids?

You're not reading it right. The reason it jumped from $8100 to $11,000 is because he set his maximum bid at $11,000. Of course, the next highest bid was $8100 which is what eBay put him at. If another bidder puts an offer on the item and someone else has a proxy bid thats higher than your offer, you will not show in the bidding history. It will show another bid for the person for the proxy which is exactly what happened here. Someone probably bid $8400 and it automatically bumped the high bidder "s***s" to $8500. The same thing occured at $11,000. Someone bid $10,950 and he got bumped to $11,000. And FWIW, you can not shill up your own bid. It will just increase your proxy. I know you guys want to believe this auction was shilled, but I don't think it was.

Yeah i saw that yesterday.

Maybe this time the guy has wised up a bit and lowered the reserve.:shrug:

The relisted auction ended at $5600 with reserve not met. This guy may be thinking 2 things...he should have sold it for $13K in the last auction and perhaps buying a high dollar Contour for a profit was a bad idea.

Back