• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Powdercoated FSVT's?

Ft.WorthSVT

CEG'er
Has anyone ever powdercoated a set of these like in a gunmetal or gray? I could'nt find any pics of these painted this color. I have a set that I already got sandblasted and there ready to paint, any suggestions? I have a black SVT.

If you powdercoat aluminum wheels, make sure you have them UV cured, and not over cured. There have been a number of cases of alumnium wheels breaking some time after being powdercoated. It's not worth the risk when there are other good options out there.

Epoxy paint is another good option as well for a nice shiny durable finish.

Rara beat me to it, the failures from powdercoated wheels have been ugly from the pics I've seen.
Probably best to find a shop that has experience doing this.
-J

Thanks for the info, I didnt know that? So it's best not to powdercoat these then? Where can I find some good paint that won't chip then? I went to a body shop and the guy there told me it would be better to just get them powdercoated. Thanks for the input.

Sh!+ you werent lying about them being expensive! Very nice though. I wish I knew this before I got them sandblasted. I will have to look around here locally to see if I can find I good place to do them.

Back