• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Porting 3L

I have seen a lot worse buddy. A old friend of mine broke the hole timing cover while taking off the crank and he jb welded it and put it on his car it was terrible.

Ok running into a lil problem. My engine is an 02 taurus and oil pan is a new 05 escape pan dorman or whatever it is. I have a taurus pick up tube which wont work so I thought I ordered a new one for an escape but its smaller than the taurus one and wont match up with engine. Should I just use the taurus oil pan and be done with it, or am I just missing something?

1361212464424_zps7cbae62d.jpg

1361212443742_zps1ea67912.jpg

Two questions these brittle pieces of crap where can I get new ones?
And the pic of one of the wire harness what does that bolt to? It was the one that stayed behind when I pulled motor out

Check with ford on the vacuum lines or cobble together something out of 1/4" vacuum line. Anything that seals up will work.

The plastic wiring harness slides back behind the engine and those two bolt holes slide over valve cover studs. Use two small nuts to tighten it down.

Back