• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

porter cable 7424 source

BrApple

No Life But CEG
to anyone looking to pick up a porter cable 7424 my parents have found the cheapest place online to purchased one. Note this is for the basic PC only. Its not like autogeek.net or other sites that sell the PC as a kit with pads etc. I searched around and the cheapest I could find the PC 7424 by itself was about $30 more then at tools plus.

Check out tools-plus.com

the guys at the store told us they have sold over 4 thousand of these since they started carring them. The site says they are out of stock but they did just receive 2 thousand units this past friday (12/28/2007).

Last edited:
the 7424 is not a rotary buffer. you need that speed with it being an orbital. i love mine. makes the paint like glass with the right polish. and thats a good price. i found it for that price on ebay. also try amazon.

okay..that makes sense. i have a B&D 6138 w/ 1k-3k rpms. and i use 1200 pretty much all the time..much more than that and you start losing paint:laugh:
i might have to pick up a orbital..i've kinda wanted one.
here's a good read
http://www.vettenet.org/meguires.html

Last edited:
Back