• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Port matched Problem (Cooling)

slammedsvt

CEG'er
Finished the build have 100 nikes in the swap and the car runs at the A to beginning of the L. Never over and once i shut it off and the anti freeze was bubbling inside the resiviour. Head gasket was replaced fresh as well as every gasket bushing piece that could be replaced did it all while it was apart over 1100 in parts putting the motor back together. water pump works, heat blows hot fans kick on but the damn antifreeze wont circulate right. i squeezed the upper hose and it wasnt hard wasnt empty but not hard. any hints let me know ••••s pissing me off. 4 k into this swap toook every step overboard looks 100 percent factory. anyone in the area can help or any comments to get this figured out would be great thanks.

Finished the build have 100 nikes in the swap and the car runs at the A to beginning of the L. Never over and once i shut it off and the anti freeze was bubbling inside the resiviour. Head gasket was replaced fresh as well as every gasket bushing piece that could be replaced did it all while it was apart over 1100 in parts putting the motor back together. water pump works, heat blows hot fans kick on but the damn antifreeze wont circulate right. i squeezed the upper hose and it wasnt hard wasnt empty but not hard. any hints let me know ••••s pissing me off. 4 k into this swap toook every step overboard looks 100 percent factory. anyone in the area can help or any comments to get this figured out would be great thanks.

My 98 did this last year after we put a 3L in it also. I changed the temp sending unit after about 500 miles and the high reading went away. Have you hooked up a OBD reader to it to see the true temp? My needle went all the way over to the line but the pcm said the hottest it got was 217. Even to this day if I sit in stop and go traffic my needle will move toward the L.....of course if I keep the AC on it runs closer to the O.

scanner came back fine temp wise but the cam position sensor is throwing a code is it because i left the 3l cams in. or just the sensors bad the car runs beautiful.

scanner came back fine temp wise but the cam position sensor is throwing a code is it because i left the 3l cams in. or just the sensors bad the car runs beautiful.

i dont get any cam sensor code.. i have 3L cams too, change the sensor, it might be bad..

I'd recommend you flush the system and get all the gunk out. Drain the coolant. Pull the thermostat out and bolt the housing back together. Disconnect the 5/8 coolant tube that runs from the oil cooler to the firewall over the trans. Flush it out with a hose until it runs clean. You probably have a clog in the system.

I'd recommend you flush the system and get all the gunk out. Drain the coolant. Pull the thermostat out and bolt the housing back together. Disconnect the 5/8 coolant tube that runs from the oil cooler to the firewall over the trans. Flush it out with a hose until it runs clean. You probably have a clog in the system.

x2... Even though your PCM is saying normal temps clearly they are not if you're boiling over your coolant shunt tank.

FYI if you have the wrong coolant cap the tank will boil over non stop. I know they had two different types of tanks/caps and you can't interchange them. Make sure the tank is sealed.

coolant boiling problem fixed 18 dollars, cel cam position sensor fixed 19 dollars, finishing port match swap completely with no codes priceless. woot, woot im done.

It was just the cap dude what a relief the gauge reads a still but that's the temp send unit if it bothers me ill change it but no biggie to me

couple of pics

couple of pics

i know the imrc cover. have to trim it to fit over the lines i rerouted across the front. not bad though looks stock cant tell theres a 3l lurking in the shadows lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20110728_201706..jpg
    IMG_20110728_201706..jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20110728_201733..jpg
    IMG_20110728_201733..jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20110728_201834..jpg
    IMG_20110728_201834..jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 0
Back