• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pontiac G6

According to Car & Driver (Feb 2006):

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan

0-60: 6.2

1/4 mile: 14.9 @ 95 mph

According to Motor Trend:

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe

0-60: 6.2

1/4 mile: 14.4 @ 96.4 mph

Depends which G6 they offered 4 motors in them 2.2,3.5,3.6,3.9
if it's an auto I wouldn't worry too much. Stick I have no clue. I used to won a G6 GT auto w/3.5 the auto left alot to be desired.

i had the one under the GTP as a rental for about 2 weeks.. Ill just say, like any car the svt faces u gotta catch em rolling lolll..

It had nice pick up, but they die up top.. Maybe the GTP sees to that but its ok.. The engine note sounds very racy like and makes u wanna push it, so it earned kudos for that.

Very limited experience, but I'll toss an opinion on the pile...

Buddy owns a 4cyl auto G6. 0-60, bet it would keep up with my stock SVT. 40-80, think I would own it. 80+, bye-bye. All opinions courtesy of my self-calibrated butt. :laugh:

A GTP?? think I wouldn't be placing any money on myself, especially the early ones with 3900 & 6 speed manual. The later ones went with the 3.6L and auto only. Probably as quick off the line but not sure higher up...slush box but better power.

I ran a GTP once in my 1.8T Jetta. We were dead even up to about 70 when I let off. My Jetta seemed to be a bit faster than my SVT, but it also had turbo lag off the line until about 2K.

Back