• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pollen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be careful with the pollen folks. Have you ever seen it maginfied? Its like little spike balls!!!

PollenMixb.jpg

my california duster is now all green.
iused it last night to clean off the hearse, the hearse looked good, but the duster is fubared

The mild winter's we've been having is what contributes to the higher than average ammounts of pollen. Because the winter is mild the plants use less of the energy the store in their roots over the winter. Since there is more energy left over the plants take advantage of the fact to generate larger ammounts of pollen which is benificial to the plants becasue it ensures a higher rate of polenation of its flowers. pollenated flowers then go on to produce fruit, nuts etc. and its these friuts and nuts that contain seeds. More seeds = more seeds to germinate into plants.

basically you can think of the high pollen in the air as the plants having more sex than usual. So you should be happy for them.

Thank goodness for car dusters and quick detailers! I went to ME last week and had to clean my jeep 2x a day to keep the pollen at a controllable level. While traveling down I-89 through VT and NH, there were huge pollen clouds eminating from the trees along the highway. I QD'd my SVT last nite, parked it in the garage, and it has a nice coating on it this morning! Oh well, just another excuse to QD my car again :laugh:

Most areas are saying this years pollen count is the highest EVER recorded! People that were never affected by pollen are suddenly having allergy problems, including myself.

It's been non-stop running nose and crazy uncontrollable coughing.
runaway.gif

That's good to know. No wonder I've been acting up and I never do. I'm allergic to all kinds of grass I guess. Never usually bothers me even when I mow lawn. Past couple days I'm sneezing like mad.

Back