• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Plugs?

a lot of people think the motorcraft sp 432 are the best to use. i have them in my car and they are good, i have never tried autolite.

what is the part number on autolite double platinums for a 95 zetec....i know the SVT is APP764....but i just got APP5364and the threads are about 1 1/4 inches long.....are these the right ones??

what is the part number on autolite double platinums for a 95 zetec....i know the SVT is APP764....but i just got APP5364and the threads are about 1 1/4 inches long.....are these the right ones??

i would like to add, once upon a time... terry haines told me the 1 1/4" spark plug threads eventually get carbon build up on them, because they are too long. thus removing them, will strip the threads on each head. has anyone had problems with this?:shrug: i currently have the longer threaded spark plugs in my csvt. i just don't believe this could happen unless you keep the same spark plugs in for a very long time. mine have about 500 miles on them

i would like to add, once upon a time... terry haines told me the 1 1/4" spark plug threads eventually get carbon build up on them, because they are too long. thus removing them, will strip the threads on each head. has anyone had problems with this?:shrug: i currently have the longer threaded spark plugs in my csvt. i just don't believe this could happen unless you keep the same spark plugs in for a very long time. mine have about 500 miles on them
I never had a problem on my Zetec and it had 241K miles on it. :shrug:

Let's get this straight: Terry Haines is by no means the "Official Contour Guru."

Just want to make this clear.

Let's get this straight: Terry Haines is by no means the "Official Contour Guru."

ok i just wanted to add that he said that to me in 2005, when i owned my previous svt. i didn't say he was a guru but just wanted to make it clear that he said that to me, thats all. i don't know what the fact is, but what he said makes sense to me...if its not true i'm sure you all would protest...i dunno i just thought i would add.

ok i just wanted to add that he said that to me in 2005, when i owned my previous svt. i didn't say he was a guru but just wanted to make it clear that he said that to me, thats all. i don't know what the fact is, but what he said makes sense to me...if its not true i'm sure you all would protest...i dunno i just thought i would add.

Terry Haines has done lots of good, but much of what he has said and done has harmed certain individuals. Just playing devil's advocate here.

Good choice in plugs. I'm running the autolite double plat. in my Zetec. Have them gapped to about .060. Runs great and getting great gas mileage.

He knows more about the Contour/Mondeo platform than 99% of everybody else.

There is a vast difference between the trans that he built for my Dad, and the "built" trans that was in the car when he bought it.

Just stay away from the Bosch plugs, if they even make them anymore or for our cars. They claim to be so great but they present problems like not wanting to fire when it is cold.

Back