• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Platinum+4 vs Platinum Ir Fusion

So my newest SVT is about to hit the 100k mark and seeing that it still has the original wires / plugs it seems like a good time to give it some love under the hood

this week im looking at the Bosch line partly due to the fact that i have always used them in the past and the fact that they are 25% off also makes me feel good about the pending purchase

last year i put a set of +4's in my older svt and i did notice quicker starts and the seat of my pants told me that it was slightly more responsive

so now im looking at the latest and greatest Ir Fusion's and thinking they will be all that and a bag of chips ...

Should i just go with what i know or go over to the dark side?

then you have been lucky. those bosch plugs normally don't work well in these cars. chances are the performance improvment was imagined or the plugs that where replaced where really bad.

It has always been recommended to use the standard double platnium plugs. But now iridium plugs seem to be a good choice.

So not really sure how these newer plugs would work.

then you have been lucky. those bosch plugs normally don't work well in these cars. chances are the performance improvment was imagined or the plugs that where replaced where really bad. /QUOTE]

the only possiable downside i have seen is in gas milage but with my CEL always on (started before the plug swap) i cant say its the plugs doing damage on that side

the plugs i took out were worn very evenly and the car had never stumbled before or after the swap .. but the it did start starting almost half a turn quicker which it still does to this day

mind you i did plugs and wires the same day .. so it could be the combination of both that has helped the cause

i figure that im going to buy the latest and greatest and see how it goes, maybe ill be able to help out someone else in the process

Back