• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Planning on Diamond Pistons???

Status
Not open for further replies.

justa2pt5L

CEG'er
I'm checking to see who all would be interested in purchasing a set of pistons from Diamond Racing Products.

I just recently ordered a custom set and opened an account with them. I mentioned to my tech that there may be others interested. If enough people want in, this will save you some $$$. The wait time once ordered is approx. 3 weeks...

Orders do not have to be the same from one to the next as long as you order pistons. You can order pistons with or without wrist pins, and with or without rings. (I personally went 20 over with chrome/steel gapless top ring combination from Total Seal Rings along with heavy duty wrist pins). For those wanting rings there is a discount offered as well, depending on the group size.

I am waiting on an email with the exact prices, but 6 pistons and pin fit (no pins or rings) is $589.50. This is WITHOUT a discount by the way. My rings were around $116.00 and pins were I think around $20.00 a piece. I'll continue to update this thread and also post the exact prices with the group buy specifics once I receive them.

F.Y.I. I ordered my pistons already because I didn't want to wait on others for the group buy. My block is at the shop waiting on the pistons for the final hone in. I will not be receiving any sort of "kick back" on your order. I'm just simply helping people out that want it. That's what these forums are for!

I happen to live just minutes from Diamond Racing Products so if local pick up or special shipping options are necessary I'm sure I can help you out. If you have any questions please post them or send me a PM. I will also duplicate this thread on the NECO forum.

Thanks,

Justin

Last edited:
Those of you wanting to order pistons from Diamond use this sheet. Fill it out as best as you can and PM me if you have any questions. This sheet is not protected so you have the option of changing details such as the drop down lists. To do so, go to "Data" then "Validation" at the top of the screen once opened in Excel.

View attachment Piston.zip

Good luck with your build,

Justin

hum. do you now of anybody running high compression pistons(dome pisons). or do you think your tech can get some demensions

I'm sure my tech can get you any of the specs.... But that may cost more and usually it works the other way around. He'll build you the piston you need. In otherwords once you have your final bore demension, he can then subtract the gap required for clearance to get the piston within tollerance. Some factors will include the rings you decide to go with. Some people may stay with the stock bore dia, others have chosen the route I took, which was 20 over. It all depends on what you decide to go with and what you need for your application.

Hopefully that helps... if not, send me a pm with what you're trying to accomplish and I'll help you out.

That's kind of an open ended question there. Are you looking for a n/a application or a boosted one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back