• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pics of my svt and recent paint job

millertime86

CEG'er
Hey everybody, this is the first time i ever posted pics of my car, as you can see in the pictures, the previous owners didnt take super good care of it, so i decided to paint the hood and trunk, and fix/paint both bumpers. It was my first time doing bodywork and painting, i think it turned out good, what do you guys think?

Before:
damage1.jpg

blue trunk and huge scuffs in the bumper
damage2.jpg

damage3.jpg

damage4.jpg

damage5.jpg

crack in back bumper
sanded1-1.jpg

sanded2-1.jpg

sand job
wetsandtape1-1.jpg

wetsandtape2-1.jpg

the tape job after a wetsand, and before 2 basecoats and a clearcoat.

Looks good..Did you have to wet sand and buff the final product?

For that being your first time painting, how did you like it..
I do alot of bumper and fender paint quater panal painting i still like it for some reason.

you need to hook up a strap to your exhaust and pull it back out now :D Nice job on the paint though....

It looks like a decent job from the pictures. I'd like to do something like this with my front bumper and hood. What's your secret method?

Car looks really good, what did you use and how long did it take you?
For the bodywork, i used firbeglass resin on the back bumper, bondo bumper repair kit on the 2 cracks in the front bumper, and im going to be putting more resin on the inside on the front bumper when i get time.

for paint, i used deltron universal black. and i think the clearcoat was also deltron, i forget.

Looks good..Did you have to wet sand and buff the final product?

For that being your first time painting, how did you like it..
I do alot of bumper and fender paint quater panal painting i still like it for some reason.
didnt wetsand it, just buffed it. i wetsanded it between basecoats though. and I liked it, wish i had somewhere inside to do it though

you need to hook up a strap to your exhaust and pull it back out now :D Nice job on the paint though....
AaaAAhhHhHhh i hate my exhaust, it bothers me everytime i look at it, one of the previous owners got rear-ended, i dont know what to do about it though. might have the garage take a look once i get my resonator done.
It looks like a decent job from the pictures. I'd like to do something like this with my front bumper and hood. What's your secret method?
dunno pretty straight forward, fix bumpers, sand 80, 150, 400 then 600 grit, clean well, a few basecoats, clear coat or 2, boom done.
got any leaves or bugs in your paint?
yes alot, as it was drying i just stood at the front of the car and jumped around blocking leaves for about 20 minutes as it was drying. neighbors prolly thought i was crazy.

You really should have removed everything and painted off the car. You should have at least removed the trunk reflector and painted under it. Looks really good from the pics though. Painting under a tree in the backyard is crazy. LOL!

Back