• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pics of 2009 Production Camaro Interior

I said it once and I will say it again, its like marrying a super model with a beard, GREAT body, impossible to look at her face every day

Your repeating yourself, how about "It's like marrying a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model with hemmoroids, great body but a pain in the ass."

You're repeating yourself, how about "It's like marrying a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model with hemmoroids, great body but a pain in the ass."

fixed.

ooo I like that one.

How about... its like dating a chick thats actually a guy, he/she might have the best plastic surgery around, but deep down, shes still a guy.

After posting some interior shots in the other thread last week I did some research and found this on Autoblog.

While we were grateful that Bob Lutz ordered the removal of camouflage from all of the Camaro prototypes running around in view of the public, the teaser image that GM provided was a bit too eency weency for our tastes. TheGMSource, however, found a larger version, or artfully blew up the small one, that shows a lot more detail. We can see the faux vents ahead of the rear wheels, as well as the surfacing of the Camaro's rear with its faux diffuser (at least we think it's faux). Whoa, this thing's got a lot of faux parts, but don't expect it to be a poser on arrival. Chevy is no doubt infusing the Camaro with enough mechanical fortitude to hang with the Ford Mustang and Dodge Challenger from day one.

TheGMSource also followed up with questions for Scott Settlemire, a member of the Camaro team at Chevy. His words are not unexpected when he says that the Camaro is about 65% production ready, and what you see in spy photos, even the one supplied by GM, does not mean you're looking at the car that will end up on dealer lots. His reference to the Camaro prototype's horrible headlamps is hilarious, and he was careful to point out that the interior shot does not necessarily show the final dash design, either.

Oh, and just for fun, we played with the larger pic in Photoshop and changed the prototype's boring white into all the various official colors that we expect will be offered on the production model. We're not very good at Photoshop, so if any pros want to try, let us know the results by emailing them to abresearch at gmail dot com.

Basically the car is only 65% done and hopefully this isn't what the final production interior will look like.

Holy eff the 67/69 Camaro interior is ugly, my 67 Cougs' dash stomps all over that interms of style.

I dont understand the complaining about the interior. Its not any better or any worse than the current Mustang, and everyone seemed to rave about that when it came out. I peronaly like it, I didn't care for the Mustang interior at first (except for the instrument cluster), though it has grown on me a bit.

It's a Camaro interior. The large divider in the center is one of it's trademarks. I think the gauge cluster is different and a better route to another round set in another throwback vehicle. If it looked just like the Mustang's interior, it wouldn't sell. Imo.

I still think it's a sweet car despite the usual shoddy interior Camaros are notorious for.

I still think it's a sweet car despite the usual shoddy interior Camaros are notorious for.

Well said.
I'm going to bet Ford might have to put the 5.4 in the Mustang once the Camaro goes on sale.
Or maybe ditch the MOD motor all-together.

Ill pass on both and take a C5 Vette for half the cost and twice the performance.

Mark

Well said.
I'm going to bet Ford might have to put the 5.4 in the Mustang once the Camaro goes on sale.
Or maybe ditch the MOD motor all-together.

Ill pass on both and take a C5 Vette for half the cost and twice the performance.

Mark

have you read the thread on ford's new econoboost motors? 340 horses from a V6, imagine what they could get out of a V8.

Its seems GM takes a good concept and ruin it with too much engineering.....Lets hope their quality this time around is better than the last gen Camaro...Interiors were falling apart after one year, engines and trannys were junk, etc, etc,.......

Back