• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Picking up another svt. Parts or salvage is the guestion?

solo92s10

Hard-core CEG'er
Ended up bidding on this car and won. Dont usually do things like this but after making good money on my last parts car I figured I cant go wrong. It has 95k miles on it and is a 2000, tgreen with ptan interior. Clean engine bay and interior from what I can see. Like I said I dont like bidding blindly but the money is there to be made back. What you see in the pics is what i know as of now. Driving 3.5 hours one way tuesday to pick it up.

driversdoor..jpg

driversside..jpg

passsidedamage2..jpg

Passsidedamage..jpg

And interior and engine bay.

engine bay..jpg

Interior2..jpg

Interior1..jpg

My GUESS on what happened on the car is they hit whatever they hit(guide rail, other car, etc) got out and kicked the drivers door in in anger. lol. Thats what I picture when looking at the pics anyway.

I saw that car on COPART and wanted it!!! lol Save it man it runs Just needs some body work and paint biggest thing is that rear bumpber.

If you don't mind me asking how much did you get it for?

Ha. Just ran it through a carfax report. It was a one owner up till march 2012. Then changed hands twice before it was totaled.

I won the auction at $300 plus (which i didnt know about, Live and learn. lol) $185 buyers fees. Still cant complain. Will take a good bit of labor no matter what I decide to do with it. If I decide to fix it I suppose Its good I know how to do body work. And It will stay green.

Couldnt tell about the trunk extension till your last pics. Not so bad. It may need pulled on the frame rack some (depending on what the truck lid gaps look like). Looks to me like it may have rolled under a tad to the left at the bottom of the quarter.

Heres the last two pics i have other than one of the odometer. These show the trunk condition. I agree that It may be torqued too much but i wont know untill its here. Good eye though from the pics you had. I may not be all that bad though.

Rearpic2..jpg

Rearpic..jpg

There is deff a little trunk misalignment though. A little.

Yeah its rolled under like I thought. And thats what is causing it to lift upward like that on the driver side of the trunk. Not bad though. I would prob fix that one after seeing these last two pics. I do bodywork all day everyday...so I dread doing that kinda •••• when I get home at night. I am the opposite...I like working on the motor and tranny and suspension stuff at night. Anything but bodywork. lmao.

Doesnt look hateful. The driver door sucks...could have done without that. I say he/she probably did kick it after the wall ride. lol

The motor and interior and rest of the car is SO clean...it would prob be worth fixing if you can do the work yourself.

Thanks for the headsup 79mustang. Im no expert at all when it comes to body work but im not afraid to get my hands dirty and have had some teachings by an experience auto body tech. lol. My last svtc body work was done by me and him in my own garage and turned out great. Paint job could have been better but thats all part of learning I suppose.

Definitely looks like it's worth fixing. If the drivers door isn't creased, you might be able to have PDR done. The rest of the car should clean up easily. Fender, two doors, bumper and some paint.

I can fix that driver door, but PDR sure as to hell ain't....its got creases and that body line won't come back out without peck marks from PDR. They might also crack the paint trying as sharp as the eyebrows are in that dent from the metal being displaced. I have watched great PDR guys...but there are some things they can't fix and make it look like nothing ever happened. And from experience....this is one of them.

Paid for this on Friday, picking it up Tuesday from 3.5 hours away. My decision weather to salvage it or part it has come down to weather or not there is rocker rust. The car spent the first 12 years of its life in Ohio and the rest in pa sooooo. Time will tell excited to see it. If I keep it to repair I will pulling the Coilovers and eap's off #2219 and selling it and fixing the body work on this one and respraying the whole car in green. Kinda hoping to be able to go that route to put another svt back on the road.

I saw that one on there too. Too far away for me though. Looks like a litte rocker rust on the pass side. Can't really tell if it has dash warp either. Hope you fix it up, it looks like it was pretty well cared for before this accident.

with_stupid.gif

And the awnser is PARTS. Picked it up today took about 8 hours round trip and $120 in fuel and $55 in turnpike tolls.
Looks like #2219 gets a mint hood, rear deck lid with spoiler(until I get the pre98 painted), drivers rear door without dings, Working map light, pass rear door seal, drivers seat, drivers floor mat in good condition, mint steering wheel, and possibly new carpet. The rest will all be for sale. EVERYTHING works on the car and the only issues with it are the body damage from the accident and.....rocker rot. Pics and a part out thread will be coming In a day or two when I get some free time.

Back