• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

pickin up another CSVT

NickyB_SVT

CEG'er
so when i get home next month I should have another Contour waiting for me....Its posted in the classifieds as someones old SVT on craigslist for 1800 in NC....I got a pretty good deal on it i think it....Its already got a decent set of wheels, Bat suspension, and a quiafe LSD...the bad is I'll have to pull the tranny to put a Slave cylinder in it....oh well i guess i can upgrade to a fidanza flywheel and spec clutch while im at it....then it wont be long and it could be gettin a 3L turbo swap.....got high hopes for it anyways....well just thought id let you know you may be seeing two new contours in the Cville/RIC area next month.....on another note our replacements for our unit in Iraq got here today....so we are gonna be on our way home realllllllllll soon....yippeee

No i don't think you did. I don't know too much about the car. I just knew I heard about it somewhere. As long as you can do some of the work I'm sure you'll be fine

yeah i used to work at a ford dealership helping a mechanic....i did a tranny swap in my 98 svt....its been a few years but i'm sure i can manage...i just hope the bolts in the subframe come out with ease....last one i did the little nut inside of the subframe broke loose and i had to find a way to modify a hole in the subframe so i could hold the nut with a wrench...i dont like having to do that so hopefully this one will go a little smoother....

AHH! That was the one I was originally supposed to get! LoL...

I'm friends with Aaron, was actually gonna trade him my old 4.6 forged shortblock for that car. If you wanna unload the wheels lemme know!

Back