• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pic request: Spec stage 3 clutch

Pole120

Addicted CEG'er
Looking for pictures of a spec stage 3 (not plus) clutch disc and the pressure plate surface....help me out here...

hey josh i took pics of mine when it first came in. let me find the pics and ill get them up for you.

Edit: these are the only 2 that i seem to have
SSPX0043.jpg

SSPX0041.jpg

HTH

Last edited:
Stupid spec 3:nonono:. I hate this clutch, should have picked up a 3+

Why do you say that?

It grips like a beast. It grips when I need to pull into my steep driveway, it grips when traffic starts and abruptly stops. it grips... You get the idea... Its not fun for around town driving, and the noises it makes when you try to modulate it are horrible!

The spec 3+ is full faced but grips the same, its alot easier to modulate and has a better overall drive experience

It grips like a beast. It grips when I need to pull into my steep driveway, it grips when traffic starts and abruptly stops. it grips... You get the idea... Its not fun for around town driving, and the noises it makes when you try to modulate it are horrible!

The spec 3+ is full faced but grips the same, its alot easier to modulate and has a better overall drive experience

i agree, with a stage 3 it's pretty much not engaged at all, or all in. oh well, at least i know that when i need it it'll be there in full force haha

I have to agree with Pud on this one. It sure as hell grips nice when you need it to but doing almost any "smooth" slow speed work is tough.

Before the solid mounts I could rattle the piss out of the whole car trying to go smooth and slow up a small grade.

Feel amazing when shifting quickly or ripping through the gears.

you guys just dont know how to drive :D i have no problem starting from a stop or slow roll on either level or steep inclines. my pedal is still soft and it engages (most of the time) smoothly. the times it doesnt im usually in a hurry and dont give it enough gas.

i think its you guys :D:shrug:

you guys just dont know how to drive :D i have no problem starting from a stop or slow roll on either level or steep inclines. my pedal is still soft and it engages (most of the time) smoothly. the times it doesnt im usually in a hurry and dont give it enough gas.

I'm with you. My Contour was just slightly harder to drive due to the slightly smaller engagement window, and it didn't making any weird noises other than a very mild chatter that was probably only noticeable to me. The clutch gripped great and the pedal was no heavier than stock.

the screeching i get is slightly annoying and i'm tired of people asking "what's wrong with you car?" :mad:

You can still get that great feature with the 3+... Unless I rev match and keep from slipping the clutch I get a little "screeching" And the chatter is there as well :laugh: I just learn to live with it, when people ask me whats wrong with my car you just tell them: "The clutch is reminding me it does not want to be slipped" ;)

I assure you I can drive as well if not better than you. I can go all day long starting and stopping, slow speed, inclines, all of that. Do I want to constantly pay attention to it? not really. Maybe Im spoiled driving around in a 100% stock 2.8 Audi A4... You dont know smooth until you drive a german car :cool:

That's exactly what i was hoping to find with my searching...thanks. The one i have was scorched, so it's going to take some time to get it working right again, the friction surface of the spec flywheel has bluing in two small spots, it looks the same as the old one he had in th car that frosty bought, it's been heated pretty well by some poor driving...but it's usable.

Back