• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pesky Vibration

Where is your little metal shield for the intermediate shaft? I still have an int. shaft in the classifieds somewhere. Would have sold it cheeeeaaaap.

Little metal shield? Need pics - this dmn car is going together tonight... do I need one? I've got over 70K on this car since the 3L...

Oh - I've got that part. I removed that from the engine block with the 3 bolts so I could remove the broken bracket from it. I couldn't get to the bolts because of the y-pipe and I didn't feel like removing the plastic gaurds off the fender well. Looking back - I should have.. that bracket sucks to put back on with the axleshaft attached..:nonono:

I forgot to install on a motor swap. It's not fun all by itself. Just no room. Got it done though.

Car is all back together and I took it out for a road test. There are no vibrations at any speed in any direction. I also took off the 18's and thew on the Blizzaks... Feels like a new car with that fresh Ford Homey... I'm happy again.. :laugh:

Back