• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Performance Friction Carbon pads

bxd20

CEG'er
I searched and didn't see too many comments. What do people here think of PFC pads? I do an open track event or two per year. I had Morse Ceramics on the front and during the last track event something happened to them. I guess they "cooked" in some way, because now they just squeak a lot when I'm not on my brakes. I've tried sanding them down a bit, twice, and the noise goes away for a day or so, and then comes back.

I had Bendix Titanium before that - the bond between the backing plate and pad broke.

So I'm interested in trying either the Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads, or perhaps the Raybestos Professional Grade.

This is just for the fronts.

Thanks.

I had them on before my current set. They were very good, nice bite, and they lasted me quite a while, about 70K miles IIRC. They did generate dust, but every pad I have used does that. The only reason I didn't go back to them was I got a combo with my pads/rotors from R1 Concepts.

Back