• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale Parting out or selling whole 98 SE 3L hybrid

SicSE

Veteran CEG'er
I broke a shift fork in my trans. I have another rebuilt trans to swap in, but do not have the equipment or time to do the swap. Engine is in great shape and runs strong. It's a 98 SE, Dark Green Satin in color. This setup put down right around 200/200 the last time I dyno'd it, without any tuning. Search my history for dyno charts.

Engine;
-Brand new 3l block, timing components, cams and rockers installed 40k miles ago
-SHM headers with optimized SHM y-pipe and custom exhaust
-SVT LIM
-3L split-port UIM
-Mustang TB
-SVT injectors, PCM, front brakes and rims
-Custom CAI and MAFS setup
-Light port work, combustion chamber cleanup, and valve grind on SE heads, 40k miles ago

Currently installed trans;
-Broken shift fork
-Dying 3rd gear synchro, (doesn't grind if you shift very slowly)

-New front pads & rotors
-Newish tires (more than 60% tread)
-Custom front & rear strut tower bars
-SVT springs & struts
-SVT rims

Body has dents, scratches, paint imperfections, and a can of black primer exploded near the trunk at one point, but there isn't any rust.
Sunroof motor is quick to overheat, but it does work... albeit slowly.

Included in sale;
-SVT UIM with smoothed outlets and ported inlet for use with Mustang TB
-Dealership rebuilt trans ready to drop-in
-Used aluminum flywheel with new friction surface
-Electric water pump including remote t-stat
-Siamesed-port 3L UIM
-Mustang TB with adapter plate for keeping EGR
-3L TB

240k-ish miles on body and heads

More pics available upon request.

Attachments

• mini-CAM00124..jpg
    mini-CAM00124..jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1
  • mini-CAM00133..jpg
    mini-CAM00133..jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1
  • mini-CAM00129..jpg
    mini-CAM00129..jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1
  • mini-CAM00128..jpg
    mini-CAM00128..jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1
  • mini-CAM00127..jpg
    mini-CAM00127..jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
You are not far from me...I actually work in Marietta off of Allgood Rd. I am seriously considering getting this from you. I can put the 3L in my car and install my motor in your car and resale it. When is a good time to come take a look at it? Where exactly are you located in Kennesaw?

Sorry, I don't get on much and the last time I did, I only checked my PM's. I'm right by Barrett Parkway and Old 41, PM me if you're still interested.

You aren't really going to scrap the SHM headers with optimized SHM y-pipe are you?

I apologize for my total newb-osity, but I take it that the engine components alone are worth the asking price ? I have been waffling for some time about how I would like to rebuild my CSVT, and a 3L swap was something I would like to do eventually. I havnt researched headers yet, but the traffic here would seem to suggest that the SHM units are very rare. Given that you are about 2.5 hr from me, I would hate to see something with a lot of custom parts hit the junkyard.

Mad Dog

Yea dude, ill fly there, buy some tools, remove those headers, put them in my carry on and fly back home before you take that thing to scrap. Wish I was closer

I take it that the engine components alone are worth the asking price
Pretty much. And yes, the SHM's are rare. I've been trying to find a garage to stash it in until I can tear it down to part it, but I haven't been successful. I'm expecting that my HOA is soon going to force me to put it somewhere else... and it looks like I won't have any other option then.

Last edited:
Though I don't live in Ga. I have relatives and co-workers in the Marietta area. I agree w/MadDog, let's see what we can do to get a place to store this ride. Scrap is not something any of us want to see take place.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back