• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Paint

Augi

CEG'er
I don't know if this is the right forum to post this thread, but I was driving home from work on my lunch break and a kid was standing in his front lawn and threw a rock and hit my car. It chipped the paint on my driver back door. I got out of the car and scolded the kid and his mother came out and yelled at me saying that I'm harrassing her kid and then ran inside ranting about how shes going to call the police. I waited and the Police never came and my phone didn't have any service, so I went home and called the pollice told me that I left the scene so they can't do anything about it.

Anyways, I'm wondering what the best thing to do is. Re- paint the door? Place Vinyl around to cover it up? Or Paint the entire bottom half of the car black.

BTW what is the paint code for gold on a pre 98

That is total BS. I would have been livid. Similar thing happened to me once in one of my SHOs -- except it hit the window. Though it smashed into a million pieces, it was still easier than dealing with paintwork, and it was covered by insurance sans deductible (Mass).

Painting something like that is not too bad. The wetsanding and buffing will take special attention, as the color will need to be blended to match the rest of the door. My experience suggests that an honest body guy will fire it out for one or two hundred, tops.

Champagne is DK -- don't know the codes on any other colors in the gold spectrum.

Back