• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

paint job and no handles

let me elaborate . the car cant go lower .with an 18 inch wheel and the car lowered all the way down the tire sits on the frame therefore skirts and bumper covers will never touch the ground

That car better be at SZ!

Do you have any pictures of how you did your bags and where you have your tanks at.... ? Or did you have it done by someone else? I'm just wondering how the bags are done.... like do you need springs with bags... or are they bags solely? The thing that would suck is if it is only bags.... that would suck if a bag or a line busted. :|

My mom had a 1988 Lincoln Mark VII with factory airbags all around.

Pretty much there was an airbag where the coil spring was originally, and a shock to dampen the bounces.

When we first got it, the driver side front bag had a pinhole leak and the front of the car would be on the ground in the morning. It wouldn't have any problems while driving since the pump could run.

After a few years, the one way valve thingy that keeps the air in the bags when the pump is off failed and the car wouldn't raise up anymore.

My brother took it off my mom's hands 2 years after it sat in our yard and put some T-Bird springs where the airbags were at.

Of course, this is a totally different type of suspension system, but you can see how there were no coil springs since they put the airbags in place of them.

Back