• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

P0155 and P1155 bank 2 sensor 1 need help.

contourguy99

New CEG'er
Hi I replaced the oxygen sensor, and I am still getting the lean code on this bank P0155 and P1155. What surprised me is when I brought up the sensor graph in torque there was no sine wave just a flat 0v line pretty much while the other had a pretty sine wave in bank 1 sensor 1. I was expecting a lower voltage shorter wave since it was saying lean. Anyone else experience this on a contour and found the cause? Car is 99 SE V6 2.5 Vin L.

On these older narrow band O2 sensor systems, the sensor is simply showing which side of stoichiometric (ie neither rich nor lean, all oxygen is consumed by fuel, none of either is left) the system is on.

If things are so lean that the sensor never reads "rich", (or there's a system or sensor fault always returning "lean") then you'd expect a flat line on the lean side.

Did you replace the rubber hoses to DPTE sensor & maybe the sensor, mine check
engine light drove me crazy until i replaced those. I did the sensor 1st , then finally the hoses
after it would still come on from time to time.

Back