• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Over Half Way there with the New one

BurritaSVT

Veteran CEG'er
I just got through mounting the turbo in the car I half to wait for the high temp gasket silicone to dry. I am going to start polishing the intercooler new welds for the good looks. so tomorrow i will take ya'll a ride in the car with some cockpit video with boost above 16 psi so wish me luck hope she hold together. the install went beautiful and easy it took me 2 hrs down and 4 hours up installing and fitting it together. here is the lastest pic

installhifismaller.jpg

lucky!!!! I pulled my wastegate too...my Tial gasket was completely see through...that was probably the exhaust leak, but I m going to do a new check to see that everything was tight...I had a couple things come loose.

Looking good man, can't wait to see the vids. And yeah, what hp/tq levels are you aiming for?

well Ben I am hoping to break 500whp at the most. I am not sure if the 2.5 downpipe will flow that or will pump gas allow me but we will fin dout soon for sure. If I can boost 18-19 psi on the street then I think I hit that number for sure.

And most of you will see the car in person for spring zing because me and Worldtoursvt are making the trip up together with our 3 liter beast and we will have his singing by then too.

Oh stilov buy some tial gaskets that are solid metal with the compression ring. Or make sure if it has paper and web metal is still has a solid ring for compression you will always have that problem trust me I did.

Last edited:
If you have a flat flange you don't even need a gasket for the tial. Just through on some high temp copper gasket crap and bolt it together. the compression ring will do it's job and seal things up.

I got the one with the compression ring...it's installed already.

I would haev it all done it's just too freakin cold...we got like a foot of snow today.

Glad to hear you guys are making that trip. I really look forward to seeing both of your cars. Good luck at the dyno!

Well good news guys I am sure they car is making alot of seriuos power now the car holds 15 psi until the tires break loose in fourth. I need to wait to tomorrow let the street warm up some. The old turbo would only do 13 psi so I already making more power than my last dyno.

The biggests impreovement is the power band is more smooth now. I build 5psi at 2500 rpms then at 3500 it reaches about 8-10 then it hits full boost at about 5000 rpms but it does not surge like the old one. The car will be easier to use the power thanks to thw large turbine stage 5 and larger housing too.

I wish you guys could feel the what it feels like to be going over a 100 and the tires start hopping. Let just say I will set a hard to reach dyno soon.........

I will try to set up the camcorder on the seat tomrrow and bring ya'll along the ride when I start trying to add more than 15psi. I almost can't sleep waiting to feel that power in fourth.........

Based on your 13 psi output 19-20 psi should put you right on the 500 fwhp... if you bring that to SZ07 I think I will have to make a point of showing up to see it.

Back