• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Oval Muffler Fitment question??

qbcsvt

Hard-core CEG'er
I will be purchasing magnaflow 12215 Oval Muffler to quiet down my Bassani exhaust system.

I will be placing it in the center where the stock resonator was originally with the stock exhaust.

I just wanted to know if I will have enough clearance with the sidewalls and such with an oval muffler. I am trying to quiet down my system!

I am not sure If i should go with an oval over a round muffler!

- amyn [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

oval won't fit in the middle, unless you place it not inside the tunnel like roush racing did :shrug:.

If you need it placed in the tunnel then you will need a round muffler.

I have the older style Edelbrock RPM SS oval muffler under the car where the resonator used to reside. I did need to remove the heat sheilds---they could have been modified or bent up but I did not want any rattles so I just removed them. Its offset I/center O and tucks up perfectly. I've had no adverse effects w/o the heat sheilds.
-J

That muffler should fit, make sure the inlet/outlet(offset) is correct.

I run a center oval magnaflow muffler with my bosals.

I can double check the muffler size Tue for you.

I am going to have to find a new way to manage this and probably just go with a round resonator!

I may just go with one of the Bassani Round Racing Resonators because it will match as well as work with what I want to do. With them being so free flowing im just unsure how much quieter my exhaust system is going to get! Im sure this will def fix any of the Rasp on the exhaust.

At the end my exhaust is going to look like, MSDS Headers to BAT or Trubendz Y-Pipe to Resonated by Bassani or Magnaflow, Bassani Catback exhaust!

- amyn

I have the big ass round magnaflow resonator on my Bassani. It's still very loud inside from 2-3000.

I have the big ass round magnaflow resonator on my Bassani. It's still very loud inside from 2-3000.
Thats what I was trying to avoid when I built my exhaust so I went with the straight-through style muffler underneath and resonator-style race mufflers in the rear. Luckily there's no drone, I was worried. :cool:
-J

Back