• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Original power radio antenna....Who still has their's and does it work??

Well I know my radio doesn't have an option to only raise the antenna when the radio function is being used, thats why I hooked up the switch so I can control it myself. A friend of mine has a Alpine and his antenna only comes up when the radio function is being used. I have always had pioneer's and none of them had this option.

Still works

Still works

My 98 SVT has 202,000 miles and the antenna still works. However, the passenger window does not go up, the sunroof does not open and the intermittent wipers don't work. Otherwise it still OK. I still have the original clutch and engine goes 4k before needing a quart of oil.

i bought my contour svt in april of 2004. VERY first day i got it i took it to the car wash. didnt know about the power antenna and SNAP there it goes. i replaced it with a piece of heavy tie wire. works great!

Yeah, my original still works. It would be nice to try to figure out some way to make the antenna go down when you're not in tuner mode, seeing as I listen to my iPod 90% of the time. I'll have to look at the wiring. I bet if I just wired in a simple switch to the antenna sender (assuming it's like a remote turn on for an amp) then I can control it.

Back