• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Original Owner

As my sig says, bought it new over 9 years ago, and current mileage tonight is 248,100. I certainly expect to see 250,000 on it, and the jury's still out whether or not I'll want to try for 300,000 miles.

With $4/gallon gas predicted and my 100 mile daily commute, something more economical may be in the foreseeable future.

its not a csvt but I bought my cougar new on 6/12/99

got the v6 and the convience package... zero other options.
now its got all, and a whopping 70k on the clock.

My brother bought it new in March 1998....Had only 29 miles on it....I bought it from him four years ago with 52k on it....Now it has 118k......

I am the 2nd owner of my car. 165,000 miles. Too bad i will be parting it out next week. Im sure i will cry, in fact just thinking about losing it is making me cry......:cry:

I, bought mine new in 1999. Black and Midnight Blue, Have the from bumper with 3-M clear, and a 3-M Clear Bra, bought new headlights, last year from BAT, 18" wheels, I even bought a new from Ford drivers side seat cover to prepare for the bolster wear, and am about ready to put it on. I am an old fart 57 but still marvel at what an attractive car this is 9 years later. Fun to drive, and the most serious repair I have had to do is a new wiper motor a couple of years ago. I did change wires, plugs, etc @ 100K. Have changed the oil regulary, etc. Total mileage 102,890.

Don Evans
Daytona Beach, Fl

Just noticed this thread.

New in May 1996 (55 miles on the odometer). 13 years and still going strong. :cool:

I took delivery of mine in May 1999, 4 miles on the odo, it was an A-Plan purchase, as I was a Ford employee at the time. Tropic Green, tan interior, no sunroof (I ordered the car that way.)

Present day: 92,300 miles, original clutch, have replaced the IRCM, IAC, fuel filter and all the normal periodic maintenance stuff, added A-pillar 3 gauge pod and remoted the oil filter.

Am also the original owner of my '85 Mustang SVO and '89 Taurus SHO. I collect Ford's redheaded stepchildren.

Gary M.

Back