• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Opinions on headlight color?

thatguy

CEG'er
I bought dupli color shadow paint which is a black chrome paint. I used it on my rear reflector, the chrome part on it and it looks good. I want to paint the inside of my headlights, and my car is black. I can either do regular black or I can try the black chrome. So what is everyones thoughts? Should I try the black chrome? Do you think it would look good?

I think it would look pretty sweet to b honest. I have a 1999 csvt and its black with Midnight blue interior I'm doing things to it slowly also I have only had it about a month

How about leaving them alone?

How about leaving them alone?

It is literally impossible to see brake lights, tail lights, and turnsignal lights on these cars that have color put on the lenses. The taillights on the contours are not the brightest ones out there and anything you do to make them dimmer only puts you in more danger.

As for headlights, I think it would be a damn good idea to see where you are going at night.

A grumpy old man

It is literally impossible to see brake lights, tail lights, and turnsignal lights on these cars that have color put on the lenses. The taillights on the contours are not the brightest ones out there and anything you do to make them dimmer only puts you in more danger.

As for headlights, I think it would be a damn good idea to see where you are going at night.

A grumpy old man
He didn't do it on his tail lights he did it in the Chrome trim on the back trunk, and I think he is talking about hightowering them, not directly spraying the lenses...

Ehhh, I'd stick with a matte/flat black on the headlights, but that's me. Anything shiny, besides the stock chrome, looks tacky to me inside the headlights. Flat colors inside, on the other hand, look much better to me.

Hmmm,

Hmmm,

He didn't do it on his tail lights he did it in the Chrome trim on the back trunk, and I think he is talking about hightowering them, not directly spraying the lenses...

He wrote "I used it on my rear reflector, the chrome part on it and it looks good. I want to paint the inside of my headlights, and my car is black."

He says he wants to paint the inside of his headlights, one would assume he meant the entire reflector.

idk if this is what your talking about but i did the black chrome on the reflector part and silfro on the bezel and it turned out pretty good and still has alot of light output

194449_202365633119133_100000370925375_636463_5649237_o.jpg

idk if this is what your talking about but i did the black chrome on the reflector part and silfro on the bezel and it turned out pretty good and still has alot of light output

Must admit, that does look good. Might have to reopen my headlights now...

He wrote "I used it on my rear reflector, the chrome part on it and it looks good. I want to paint the inside of my headlights, and my car is black."

He says he wants to paint the inside of his headlights, one would assume he meant the entire reflector.

The only thing Chrome in the rear is the trim on the trunk :shrug: and the sentence says "the Chrome part" Idk why he wrote reflector tho..:troutslap:

The only thing Chrome in the rear is the trim on the trunk :shrug: and the sentence says "the Chrome part" Idk why he wrote reflector tho..:troutslap:

Probably because its all together :shrug:, I kinda wanna see a picture of it though! Might look good!

i've been wanting to do the same thing, but have other priorities with the car ie i need headlights with good mounting tabs. i think the black chrome "hightower" for the headlights would look good, as well as the chrome strip in the back and the grill ring. and i wouldn't pay much attention to andreslobo, as he said in his post he's just grumpy and old.

Alright I said the chrome on the reflector because there is a chrome strip on the reflector that also has the ford emblem with it. My tail lights including my rear reflector are smoked with vht niteshades. It has passed inspection for 3 years, been in front of many state cops and never got •••• for it. It still has all of its abilities. Now then, I like the silver frost headlight from John Fogarty. Those look really good. However what I am thinking is in that picture for example instead of the silverfrost I do the black chrome. Keeping the area in which light reflects chrome(stock). Just that one removeable piece being black chrome.

im glad other people on here like what i did
i did not think people would like it that much it was really easy to do and you can do the black chrome as much as you want so you dont even need to go as dark as i did but i was going for the more black look when i was doing mine

it is not bad at all to be honest there is a little bit of a difference but hardly noticeable and i personally would like to see the black chrome on the bezel to see how that looks if done right i bet it would look really good.

You know I feel as if Im going to try it and if it doesnt turn out good I can just paint regular black over it and the black chrome will act as a primer coat. Im doing it at the end of the month but I wanted to get peoples opinions first

im for it man good luck i hope it turns out good i want to see it for sure. does not hurt to try something new i did and i love it its about what you like and want not anyone els when its all said and done ya know.

Yeah for sure. Now I cant wait to do it but I gotta wait until the following week. If I can ever figure out how to post pictures I will.

Alright I said the chrome on the reflector because there is a chrome strip on the reflector that also has the ford emblem with it. My tail lights including my rear reflector are smoked with vht niteshades. It has passed inspection for 3 years, been in front of many state cops and never got •••• for it. It still has all of its abilities. Now then, I like the silver frost headlight from John Fogarty. Those look really good. However what I am thinking is in that picture for example instead of the silverfrost I do the black chrome. Keeping the area in which light reflects chrome(stock). Just that one removeable piece being black chrome.
As I thought in first place. I'm also a fan of blacked out car
2010-08-07200126.jpg

IMG00096-20090825-1850-1.jpg

I would also like to see the black Chrome hightower, are you using the spray paint made for rims? Or is there another?

Back