• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Opinions on a nice toy/DD?

I understand...but there are those people in every brand of car. Yes it does have a status symbol to it...but there is a reason it got that status.
There are many true BMW enthusiasts that are nice guys and know cars. I do know what you're saying though.

Even more good ideas!

Derek and Dave, the S2000 is just too small. I need a little bit of interior room more, and more trunk space.

Scot, many good ideas. Not too big on the Elise, but the Esprit would be sweet. Prowler or NSX would be sweet. CTS-V is nice, but not my bag. I'd be more likely to get a Z06 C5, really.

Taylor, there are a few BMW's I'm looking at :ponder:

98Tred, I just do not like the S60R :shrug:

SVTandSRT, I do like the SRT8 GC, just not looking for another truck like vehicle really. I could change my mind due to my fondness of them...

ALl in all, I am over loaded. I've been looking a bit now, and I haven't seen anything that gives me that....."this is the one" feeling yet. Test driving is fun though, so I'll stick too it.

Scot, that isn't shabby at all. That one that was in flat paint and had the hlt rod look to it off of Ebay that you posted a few months back got me to actually look at them.

Dave, I'm with you on the C230's. I've always liked them, but haven't ever driven one. I think I'd better put forth the effort and actually do so. That will tell me if I really do like them. In the past the S60R and the TT (I test drove a 180 version at the time, not the 225..... now I know that makes a big difference...) had always caught my eye, but once I testdrove them.... I simply had no interest in them anymore. We'll see.

My game plan has changed a bit. I got the F350 sunday, detailed it and was pretty happy with it. But, after having to drive it around just a few days, I am just not feeling it at all. The steering is sooooo sloppy, and it's all been rebuilt at the start of the year. Since I've only given a deposit, I called Jim up and talked to him about backing out of the deal. I offered him $500 for the troubles and using the truck for work for a few days, but he gladly took the truck back and gave me a full refund :cool:

So, I won't be selling my F150 after all, but I am still wanting to get an every other day driver. But I will be waiting until spring time, so I can finish my Impala project. I'm getting ready to move to Herriman, so I've put it on hold for a little over a month :blackeye:

But, thanks for all the input.

It kills me about the F350, it seemed like a good idea before. I just got used to my F150. 8 years can bring a ton of changes in options. I know the '00 F350 I had with Road Kill was even a bit sloppy, so I guess I should have known :blackeye:

A little late on this reply, but I will add a couple of cents to the discussion.

I too am thinking about a toy. With the Cummins turning 18 MPG city it beats out the Volvo and im sure it would beat the S/C CSVT in mileage. The Countour would probably hold its own in a race but I don't know if it would beat the Cummins.

My thought is to empty the garage except for the Cummins and go the opposite way you are thinking...old. It doesn't need to be fast or handle like its on rails. The only real requirements I am looking at are, runs, drives, built in the late '20s early '30s, fairly complete.

Last edited:
Not too far off from my everlast Impala project, just older I guess.

Lots to choose from in the 20's-30's. Do you want something like an old school gangster 4-door, hot rod, truck or what? It all depends on what direction you want to go. A billet slathered hot rod or a rat rod :)cool:).

I would point you towards something you can paint in a flat paint (not primer), a retro drivetrain like a built Buick Nailhead 401 or 425 with gobs of retro polished aluminum and lots of common... yet odd ball drivetrain componenets( 6X2 intake/carb setup or a gasser type fuel injection.... things along those lines) 40 Ford Coupe or 'vert? Just about any make in the early 30's, chopped, channeled, frenched and tweaked to perfection?

Back