• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Operation Saleen

Why buy it and take stuff off of it? I would keep it the way it is so it's the full Saleen SVT but that's just me. Good luck wiht your offer though :).

Aaron

It's a one-off car that will never come close to being made again. Please don't buy it and tear it apart :blackeye:

be sad all almost talked my other half into it. and i think they are going to accept offer. bye bye wing and exhaust hello air ride:laugh:

no really, im just messin with u guys i definitly would not change anything on the car. they declined 15k tommorow i will hit them with a new offer

no really, im just messin with u guys i definitly would not change anything on the car. they declined 15k tommorow i will hit them with a new offer

honestly i cant believe they declined that offer....but im very glad to hear the car would remain original...now if you wanted to have a back up trunk lid as to not damage the original "aka deal with that wing all the time"...i would condone that, haha

honestly i cant believe they declined that offer....but im very glad to hear the car would remain original...now if you wanted to have a back up trunk lid as to not damage the original "aka deal with that wing all the time"...i would condone that, haha
i was really suprized too ,but i think even though the wing is ugly it would almost have to stay .the car really only would have show purpose its not like you could drive it all the time. **** it would prob. just sit in my garage

i was really suprized too ,but i think even though the wing is ugly it would almost have to stay .the car really only would have show purpose its not like you could drive it all the time. **** it would prob. just sit in my garage

how did they decline it...did they just flat out say "no"?

Not inpressed personally, I can think of a couple other cars that i'd spend $20k on and that car couldn't even touch'em:shrug:

I think its really is a cool car. However, even though it is a one off car, its no where near how it debuted. Its almost like its not even a saleen anymore since theyve gotten rid of the modified powertrain, which in my opinion, is the most important thing that sets apart the saleens from the rest of the cars. I wish they would have left the supercharger and everything else on it when it first debuted. I dont care if it blew up engines. I would just trailer it around to car shows anyways if I owned it.

I think its really is a cool car. However, even though it is a one off car, its no where near how it debuted. Its almost like its not even a saleen anymore since theyve gotten rid of the modified powertrain, which in my opinion, is the most important thing that sets apart the saleens from the rest of the cars. I wish they would have left the supercharger and everything else on it when it first debuted. I dont care if it blew up engines. I would just trailer it around to car shows anyways if I owned it.

excellent point

i would love to buy the car if i had the money. Only drive it once around town every other month or so, just so it didnt sit and rot. Look how many cars from years ago turned out to be worth an outrageous amount of money today. How many people actually have a car that can say it was the only one EVER made by SAELEEN. The value will increase down the road to collectors if it is put back in good shape.

Back