• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Omg I Love My Car!!!!

I would sweat too much yet. I also think if a plug took a dump you could have those symptoms. The unburned fuel would be burned in the cat, and make it very hot. Sucks that you got stuck though.

thats one good thing about ford i know from expereance when fords have problems 90% percent of the time there gonna get you home

yup, completely agree. My contour's Coil pack took a dump on my way to school. I got to school, back home, then out to our mechanic garage twice running on 3 cylinders. yeah, I know that was a bad idea. But hey, never had any more problems after I fixed it.

yea you see, i could maybe get home but Im the type that if somthing is wrong, I will pull over and immediatly get it towed. I dont think its worth the risk because one problem may lead to another, and another..

yea you see, i could maybe get home but Im the type that if somthing is wrong, I will pull over and immediatly get it towed. I dont think its worth the risk because one problem may lead to another, and another..

I would be the same way with a misfire and no power..

yea, and the exhaust sounded like a freakin Subaru with exhaust..made me appreciate how much better sounding my exhaust is..

im sorry but i hate the way those subaru exhaust systems (aftermarket obv.) sound like..just never liked them, sound like CRAP

yea man, i was freaking out because i had specified I wanted a flat bed tow truck and I got that piece of crap one (although it was nice and new almost :) )

strange how those are the things you have to worry about when you knowingly throw cheap **** at your car and then are all aloof when it fails on you. You wouldnt have dropped a hundred some odd bucks for a tow because you were a cheapskate on a maintence item on your car... be glad it wasnt a flatbed, they wouldve charged you more.

its a hard learned lesson

strange how those are the things you have to worry about when you knowingly throw cheap **** at your car and then are all aloof when it fails on you. You wouldnt have dropped a hundred some odd bucks for a tow because you were a cheapskate on a maintence item on your car... be glad it wasnt a flatbed, they wouldve charged you more.

The message is dead on...the delivery, a little rough around the edges.

Yep, Haroon - your a skinflint! For your stupidity you can start saving for another cat while you're at it - cos if it was GLOWING red you probably MELTED some of the catalyst and thus clogged it permanently. Hence the possible need for a new cat.

In the future, don't be a cheap F@$$...and maybe hang back from blowing all your cash on another pair of Schummi's used undies or something.

image7351.jpg

i believe my .99 cent champion plugs finally $hit the bed after 6 months, or atleast im hoping its that, but i dont get why my cat would be glowing, its not blocked or anything..

I was gonna say my ole' Gooney friend... I can see thats your problem, everybody on CEG knows that Champion plugs in ford engines is just dumb. Get some Autolite DP's or Motorcraft stock replacements.

I was gonna say my ole' Gooney friend... I can see thats your problem, everybody on CEG knows that Champion plugs in ford engines is just dumb. Get some Autolite DP's or Motorcraft stock replacements.

Yeah, I must of missed that memo where any plug besides Autolite/Motorcraft was dumb. :nonono:

Stop posting bullsh*t.

excuse me? first of all I didnt pay jack for towing. Secondly NOTHING on my is cheap, the only reason I had put 99 cent Champion plugs was because it was the ONLY plug that matched with my magnecores (I dont think magneocres are cheap are they?) and had no missfire problems. I spent almost $200 buying plugs (autolites) and none of those fixed the stupid missfire problem I had befroe SZ. It wasnt my fault that they were cheap and worked perfectly on my car. I would know a little about me before you start jumping into conclusions about my car and I :nonono:

Yep, Haroon - your a skinflint! For your stupidity you can start saving for another cat while you're at it - cos if it was GLOWING red you probably MELTED some of the catalyst and thus clogged it permanently. Hence the possible need for a new cat.

my stupidity? how so? It wasnt my fault that none of the autolite DP or anything autolite worked with my wires. The only plug that matched up with the wires that had no missfire were these stupid champions! what the hell was I suppose to do about that?!? :confused:

Send the wires back and get some plain old Autolight wires.

Thats a project in itself. Magnecor is strict when it comes to warranty/exchanges. I looked into it for mine a while back. I think it would need to be shipped back to the place you purchased it from first, and only they are authorized to ship back to Magnecor. Once Magnecor determines there is something wrong with the wires, you can get your new ones.

Back