• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

old man cars

I would always see Sevilles on the road and wish I could trade them my DeVille because I wanted that tire hump.

roadmaster.jpg

Classic old man car; notice the whitewalls, a bumper that appears to wrap around the entire car, close proximity to golf course.

YES i think this is an old mans car. Same exact that my old man has. When cars are champaign to me that says: "I am to old to wash my car, so i bought a color that doesn't get dirty". Not to mention its a gross looking color. I make fun of my dad all the time for it.

2002 V6 XLE
2002-06-Toyota-Camry-02812081990006.jpg

Some champagne colors look amazing. The pre98 champagne is my favorite pre98 color, especially when shined up.

My car..........I get told all the time it's an old man car. :cry:

IMG_0339Medium.jpg

The hell if that's an old man's car lol... I'd rock your 540 for a DD in a second if I had that kind of coin ;)

True story here... I went yesterday to pick up my check from work (on vacation this week) and as I pull up to the front of the building where the office personnel work no joke I see a newer M5 and a 750iL in the visitor parking spaces. I was sitting there thinking as I pulled up next to them in my CSVT "we must have some balla's visiting today" :laugh:

As far as "old man cars" go... I used to be friends with this guy and did some work on this car some time ago. He's 54 this year.

DSC_0655.jpg

So the term "old man car" doesn't dictate what it is necessarily :eek:

Shannon

I wish I had a way to post pictures because I'd love to post pictures of my 1998 SVT Contour, my 1998.5 Contour SE Sport V6 5-speed, my 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 1.8T and my 2008 Volkswagen R32. I'm an old man so they must all be "old men's cars"; right?

As far as "old man cars" go... I used to be friends with this guy and did some work on this car some time ago. He's 54 this year.

54 years is an "old man"? bite your tongue, haha! You'll be close to 50 some day and then change your criteria.

I wish I had a way to post pictures because I'd love to post pictures of my 1998 SVT Contour, my 1998.5 Contour SE Sport V6 5-speed, my 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 1.8T and my 2008 Volkswagen R32. I'm an old man so they must all be "old men's cars"; right?

Nah, you're only as old as you feel and act. If those are your cars then you're not an "old man" yet. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself. lol

54 years is an "old man"? bite your tongue, haha! You'll be close to 50 some day and then change your criteria.

To me no, 54 years is not an "old man"... I used to call him that just giving him a hard time. Nevertheless, the Shelby isn't want most people his age are usually driving ;)

I'll say people do suprise you nowadays in more ways than one.

Shannon

The family nickname for my contour is the OLC (old lady car). Because its light blue, automatic, 4cyl, and for the first couple months that we had it, it smelled like old people.

Then there's my friends woody wagon, which is a typical old man car. His has a couple things done to it, but it was pretty quick to begin with. It has the LT1 350ci in it (same as caprices, impala ss, camaros, firebirds, and trans ams). Every time I see an old man trying to see over the steering wheel in one of these, it scares me that such an incapable person is driving such a big and powerful car.

I think they make a great team, the OLC and the OMC!

IMGP1820.jpg

IMGP1832.jpg

Back