• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

old aluminum 3L intake

kscontourkid

Veteran CEG'er
how have the few people put on the old aluminum 3L intake? i have been playing with ideas but i am wondering what people have run into and ways they have gotten around these issues.

there really are no issues. it's a split port manifold so you need to have split port LIM to bolt it to. perfect for hybrids or ported motors. i'm gonna dyno test it vs. SVT soon.

if you still have egr you'll have to fab something to connect the two pipes together,the iac clears on some cars and not others,from what i've read(or was that just cougars?)

here it is on the car. no egr. plugged the manifolds and turned off. 3L TB shell with SVT TB everything else. i cant tell if i have more power or not. feels like it bogs but i havent driven the car in a while. is improved up high though. secondaries intact.

the pics...

Old

338823_66_full.jpg

New

338823_62_full.jpg

here are the connections
i know i need a new cruise cable.

338823_63_full.jpg

338823_64_full.jpg

if you dont have the EGR hooked up to the Intake manifold, then what do you have plugging the hole in the ehaust manifold?? and the vacuum line that goes to it?

68fordman i took an egr tube and cut it in half to get the nut that holds it to the exhaust manifold then cut a piece of sheet metal to fill the hole with. worked quite well. next project is getting rid of the butterflies so i can really pull some power out of this manifold.

Back