• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Okay, maybe it's just me...

He wants to make back all the money from the body kit and paint...which will probably never happen unless he finds a half retarded person.

Given the state of the country, finding a half retarded person has pretty decent odds.

Pretty much as stated above, people don't understand that mods basically carry a resale of 10-20% at best...and that if you start with a tart of a car, modding basically decreases it's value by 10-20% hahaha

I saw the best one ever yesterday. It was a riced out 95 eclipse gst with horrible body kit and paint. They claimed 500hp and the cost.... $81,177!! HAH

wow that thing is a turd! the only thing of interest on that car are the cobra wheels. 102,000 miles just barely broken in!! what a tool.

The best thing the Mustang might be able to do is bracket race with Contour, Civics, and Jettas. hahaha

what an idiot he put a body kit hood and some cobra wheels on his v6 automatic mustang:nonono:

and wtf kind of name is altoona?!

I saw the best one ever yesterday. It was a riced out 95 eclipse gst with horrible body kit and paint. They claimed 500hp and the cost.... $81,177!! HAH

who wouldn't spend 81k on an eclipse?? you did say it had a body kit after all

I wrote him the following email when I found it.

I am sort of puzzled as to what makes you think a 1997 Mustang with a v6, auto trans, and 102k (Not low mileage in the least) on the clock is worth $7000... Perhaps if you just had it freshly detailed inside and out and it looked in tip top shape, $7000 would be an UNGODLY high starting point to come down from, but really, you must be out of your mind... I mean, you ought to at least clean it up before you take pictures if you're going to ask $7000 for a 13 year old car with that many miles... The car books at HALF that in "Excellent" condition, according to KBB. The body kit DEFINITELY doesn't validate the $7000, either... It looks plain awful. The cobra wheels are nice, but.. Once again, on a v6 auto mustang, WHAT THE HELL!?

So tell me, what is it about this car that makes it worth 7 large? Is it the super clean leather interior, the tastefully modded exterior, the sporty 5-speed transmission, or the purring 4.6L V8? Oh wait, I forgot... It has none of those things. I've seen GT's in nicer condition, with less miles, and FULLY LOADED for this price...

So, best of luck with your sale, but I recommend you lower your price by several thousand dollars unless you plan on keeping it forever.

Back