• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ok, optimizing the y-pipe...

xxnovaxx

CEG'er
I've searched... I don't see anything on what is actually done to make it "optimized"....

What do I need to ask the exhaust shop to do?

Thanks,

anyone have a pic of the stock y pipe from that same angle, i know it looks different but i cant figure out the difference without seeing the stock one next to it.

and is this just as affective as getting an aftermarket y pipe or what?

anyone have a pic of the stock y pipe from that same angle, i know it looks different but i cant figure out the difference without seeing the stock one next to it.

and is this just as affective as getting an aftermarket y pipe or what?

well its been said that the MSDS has more sharper bends and its not smooth like the stock one or the WR. with the strait style like BAT and trubends, sho shop its also been said that you lose low end TQ or mid range. as it needs that bend to build TQ. it makes sense to me but whether that is true i don't know. I'm still looking for a stock opt. y-pipe 3 bolt

supp. the bend in the msds is there to help equalize the pulse between the front and rear. since the rear is shorter than the front,it makes sense.

Back