• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Oil Pan Baffle

teamshadyinc

New CEG'er
SO I decided to fix my oil leak today. I thought it was a bad oil pan gasket! So I pulled my pan and cleaned it all up and installed the new one. And of course I still have an oil leak, nothing major just enough to leave a few drops on the driveway and enough to make the exhaust smell. However after doing all that I realized the oil pressure switch is leaking. So I will be replacing that. However after looking at some exhaust parts, I cam a cross and oil pan baffle on BAT inc. Did Ford ever install these? Because my oil pan has one installed! The way the catalog reads it sounds like its and aftermarket part. I am just looking for some clarification.

That is a Ford part. It was a revised pan baffle. Your stock pan has a baffle, they all do. If there was no baffle the pick up would have a hard time picking up oil while driving. (oil sloshing around) What the "improved" oil pan was , is improved baffles and maybe slightly different oil pan (not sure on that) to help address the oil starvation issue that our 2.5L's have. basically it is a band-aid not a true fix. But it can't hurt anything. There is no real fix other than doing a 3L swap as the main issue is in the heads preventing oil drain back to the pan during high speed right hand turns.

Is the oil pressure switch to the left of the oil filter(standing at the front of the car, looking at it) and behind the air conditioning? I just did my oil pan gasket as well and I wanted to check out that oil pressure switch area but it seemed difficult to get at, at least to me.

The oil pressure switch that I am refering to is above the A/C compressor. I didnt see it till I removed the compressor, thats when I noticed the oil drip from the switch.

The oil pressure switch that I am refering to is above the A/C compressor. I didnt see it till I removed the compressor, thats when I noticed the oil drip from the switch.

Sorry for the thread jack but...do you need to remove the AC Compressor to get at that Oil pressure switch? It seemed that way the last time I was looking for it but that also seems like a whole lot of work =\

Sorry for the thread jack but...do you need to remove the AC Compressor to get at that Oil pressure switch? It seemed that way the last time I was looking for it but that also seems like a whole lot of work =\

I don't think you can get in there to replace the sensor without moving the compressor out of the way.

Back