• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Oil blowing by filter seal 3 times now.....

I just ordered the new pump and gaskets. I wish I could throw a bunch of cash in the car to change some things (trans, alternator, clutch, etc..) but because I am getting married those will have to wait. Only cost $180 for the needed parts :shrug: Now I have to see what Josh will charge for the install :eek: shouldn't be tooooooo bad.... be easy on me Joshy :)

i was kind of bummed too. i was going to wait until i had a nice chunk of change in the bank before swapping motors. i would have done a completely built trans, forged internals, the whole nine yards. things will have to wait :( i guess once i destroy this napa clutch, i can do what i wanted to do

Joe, I know you have thoughts that it might be from your sandblast media on the valve covers, but I was wondering what you're using. I've done a few covers for both my kids cars(a mazda protoge and an older ford probe) I also did Aymn's car too. None of these cars had a problem so I was thinking it might not be related to the PC job you did and just a really sucky coincidence.

Please make sure you let us know what you find, and good luck.

Joe, I know you have thoughts that it might be from your sandblast media on the valve covers, but I was wondering what you're using. I've done a few covers for both my kids cars(a mazda protoge and an older ford probe) I also did Aymn's car too. None of these cars had a problem so I was thinking it might not be related to the PC job you did and just a really sucky coincidence.

Im loving my color there....

- amyn

I use 80 grit steel shot in a cabinet just big enough for the valve covers to fit. I hope it is not the blast material and is just a freak accident and coincidence that both of our motors took a dump. It also sounds like we store the cars for winter the same way.....

I'm sure the ctmystique will chime in about what he uses but I know its pretty fine and I believe its sand also ...

I'm sure the ctmystique will chime in about what he uses but I know its pretty fine and I believe its sand also ...

Read much Brian??

BTW I just started using a sand called Black Beauty. I think it's some kind of lava type rock (obsidian?) cuts really fast and works great. Before I was just using a quartz sand but is breaks down too fast and is very dusty.

Read much Brian??

BTW I just started using a sand called Black Beauty. I think it's some kind of lava type rock (obsidian?) cuts really fast and works great. Before I was just using a quartz sand but is breaks down too fast and is very dusty.

yes I read that you posted that but you didn't make comment to the media that you used ... which you just did now.

brapple said:

I meant that you would chime in on what exact media you use, as I know you where complaining about how fine it was before ....

I have made the decision to not rush this teardown and just show up in the troll..... I will be tearing it down myself over the course of this summer powder coating everything and swapping in some really sweet and new parts. I know a lot of people wanted to see it at SZ but this year it will not happen, unless I chance it with a filter and lube again :crazy: and hope it lasts all the way there and back..... probably not. I am really sad now, because it looked hopefull it was going to make it for '08. This will be the first year with no contour for me since the first meet in '03 I went to :nonono:

I just got the car home from work. It's midnight and I am ready for bed. I feel a little better that the car is finally in the garage at home :) - I am still sad that I can't show it off for you guys at SZ but I think I do plenty of whoring here to suffice :)

Back