• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ohio Contour's

G

green SVT

Ok it seems really sad how there is very little action from the ohio tours in this forum so I think we should have a meet or at least a thread...lol. I know there are plenty of you out there, so we should get something together. A couple years ago when I used to be on here with my other SVT, we used to have meets regularly (sp). Just a thought though....

There's still quite a few of us on here, we just have jobs that take up most of our time :( That, and nothing but problems with our cars leads to less interest!!!!!

think that most of the Ohio owners are over on FCO ...

even the last FCO meet I went to there was only 4 of us and only 3 'tours. I have even driven almost 2 hours to a meet only to find that nobody showed up :(

I would be willing attend a meet, but it wont be until after mid february....got a little too much going on at the moment

yeah I know what your saying...well hopefully we can get something going

There's still quite a few of us on here, we just have jobs that take up most of our time :( That, and nothing but problems with our cars leads to less interest!!!!!
Haven't seen you on the forums in YEARS!

My Mirko comes next week :laugh:

I don't have a problem driving either way, I'm right in the middle of everything! haha

Maybe it's just a tad too far for people south of me?? That's my .02 :shrug:

Berkel......I'm on the forums all the time, I just don't like to subject myself to the frequent madness :)

hey Ben how u been man? I am still alive and kickin in Ohio, I see CrazyCarl here and there, but that's about it really. I wouldn't mind meeting up but a lot of my time is taken up with school and work. Post it and they will come.

Yeah I totally understand everyone. I'm a fulltime student and I'm student teaching right now. But I just thought it would be fun to get together for a meet. It seems that everyone is pretty spread out in Ohio so we would probably be ahead planning one in Columbus or somewhere in mid-Ohio. And of course the weather isnt that great right now with the rain and all. Maybe we can make a sort of mini-spring weekend meet at some state park in March-April months. Thereby the weather will be nice, people can make plans in advance (school, work, etc), and we can do like a camping or some kind of overnight thing, possibly get the MI guys down. Just ideas though...

Yeah I totally understand everyone. I'm a fulltime student and I'm student teaching right now. But I just thought it would be fun to get together for a meet. It seems that everyone is pretty spread out in Ohio so we would probably be ahead planning one in Columbus or somewhere in mid-Ohio. And of course the weather isnt that great right now with the rain and all. Maybe we can make a sort of mini-spring weekend meet at some state park in March-April months. Thereby the weather will be nice, people can make plans in advance (school, work, etc), and we can do like a camping or some kind of overnight thing, possibly get the MI guys down. Just ideas though...

state park sounds like a great idea! that would make a nice weekend trip as well.
but by the time the weather gets nice it will be time for spring zing.........

Well I have never been to the Spring Zing...real quick (no search, i know) what is it and when? If we just did something even as early as March, the weather will be nice enough to camp or something

Well I have never been to the Spring Zing...real quick (no search, i know) what is it and when? If we just did something even as early as March, the weather will be nice enough to camp or something

here is the link to the SZ thread.
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=3562

It is only probably a 2-2.5 hour cruise from cleveland too!
I plan on attending my first spring zing this year, not sure if my car will be in good enough shape to participate in any of the fun stuff though......I dont think i need to be on the track with the orginal clutch/tranny/diff especially since ill probably be at about 135,000 miles by then

here is the link to the SZ thread.
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=3562

It is only probably a 2-2.5 hour cruise from cleveland too!
I plan on attending my first spring zing this year, not sure if my car will be in good enough shape to participate in any of the fun stuff though......I dont think i need to be on the track with the orginal clutch/tranny/diff especially since ill probably be at about 135,000 miles by then

No body cares how nice your car is at spring zing. I went last year and the only mod I had was wheels. You'll have a good time I'm hoping I can attend this year. But I'll have some new mods :)

Back