• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official Spring Zing 08 Thread

You WGL people crack me up. Not one NE person has *****ed about where it is, yet you lame WGL people wanna complain about where the track is and the freaking thing is on your way to Canton/Plymouth area. Jesus

My only concern is depending on what day us WGL people get there, we will have to be up at the butt crack of dawn to hit the carferry and then drive for who knows how long to get to Canton. THEN, we take a 2.5 hour drive back to the track, or we just drive to the track with all our stuff in our cars and have to leave it all in the parking lot to race. I'm not trying to be a nuisance, I'm trying to figure out how this will work. IIRC, there were barely any NE people at Gingerman until after we got there, if at all?? :shrug:

My only concern is depending on what day us WGL people get there, we will have to be up at the butt crack of dawn to hit the carferry and then drive for who knows how long to get to Canton. THEN, we take a 2.5 hour drive back to the track, or we just drive to the track with all our stuff in our cars and have to leave it all in the parking lot to race. I'm not trying to be a nuisance, I'm trying to figure out how this will work. IIRC, there were barely any NE people at Gingerman until after we got there, if at all?? :shrug:

You arent a nuisance, 08 will happen with our without you. Taking your stuff to the track is not the end of the world. Stoobie and livinsvt did it at 07. Hell, Livin went around Gman with a steering rack in his trunk!

Just go from your house to Gingerman. Take your man purse out and set it in front of your parking spot.

BTW barge went from Washington (the state) to gingerman with a whole trunk full of crap then ran. I bet i brought more stuff to the track than 5 WI ceg'rs brought to SZ. Just go directly to the track be there at 3-4pm its easy. No one wants to steal your BVD's or your train collection(which you should be leaving at home anyhow) trust me

Racers typically don't bother other racers stuff.. maybe ricers do but hopefully a real race track would scare all of them off.

I had no reservations of setting my stuff track side.

Ok, I will leave my stuff out in the lot since other people did. Is it that big of a deal to bring up concerns to the location since I wasn't included in the voting? My biggest concern is the people who take the ferry and then stay at G-man will probably be exhausted by the time we are done and then pile on another 2.5hr drive :shrug: I'm not really thrilled at all about that, but since everybody seems to be talking me down because I'm bringing up these concerns, then I'll just have to deal with it I guess. I'm not asking you to make decision changes now since they've all already been made. I'm just asking if stuff like this was taken into consideration or not during the decision making process??

Of course it was, but nobody that was doing the organization lives on the west side...

We considered waterford hills, but as mentioned before it's really not feasible.

We were done at the track before 9 i'm pretty sure before so I don't see what the big deal about the driving is.

Who the hell drives to SZ in a CAR, as a member of a CAR ENTHUSIAST forum, and then *****es about DRIVING?

DUH.. its what the ENTIRE EVENT IS BASED AROUND.. your CAR!!

05 and 06 didn't have a track event. If you have concerns about driving 2.5 hours at 9pm then bay all means your welcome to go directly to the hotel.

Gingerman Raceway is the best option for CEG'rs since its cheap and everyone knows its hard enough to get people to commit to something any ways on here. With gingerman if you don't wanna run you don't have to. You can also change your mind as mean times as you like prior to the event.

there for sure! sign me up for everything including the 50 year old *****es at the bar with fugged up grills. hahahahahaaaa

I'll run G-man at SZ '08! Hell my car may have 215k on it by then.

I just took all my work stuff out of the car and had it sitting in a pile.
No one goes there to mess with other people's stuff.

I don't see what the big deal about the driving is.
Before you guys continue to chastize me, please understand what it is that I am saying. This may also go for the NE guys as they will have to drive at the butt-crack of dawn to get there by 12:30 or whatever. This year to get to SZ we took the ferry and Amanda and I had to get up at 2 am to make it to the carferry on time. I tried to fall asleep on the ferry, but it wasn't gonna happen. We went to the hotel and checked in and I immediately took a 2hour nap in order to have enough energy for the rest of the days events. I was still pretty beat when we got back and I also had a headache (presumably from lack of sleep-my metabolism is high and kicks my ass). We ended up calling it a night earlier than I had wanted to and the next day everybody was asking where I was the night before, assuming I was doing the "SZ rabbit" act again :laugh:

Long story short-I do love to drive my car, but not when I feel I would be pushing the limits and risking falling asleep at the wheel! 19hours without sleep and then a 2.5 hour drive at night is not my idea of being enthusiastic about driving my car :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Who the hell drives to SZ in a CAR, as a member of a CAR ENTHUSIAST forum, and then *****es about DRIVING?

DUH.. its what the ENTIRE EVENT IS BASED AROUND.. your CAR!!

Well it's an issue to those who area already driving far. Not everyone can be as hardcore as barge. Personally, i'm glad it looks liek the trip will only take 10-11 hours of straight driving as opposed to 14-15, but still when i arrive at hte hotel i'm not gonna be in the mood to drive another 2 hours to the track. Being so far from home running on the track is something i'm not so comfortable with anyway....which has always been the case for me.

They have these things called hotels, that for money, allow you to sleep there at night. Leave the day before, hit a hotel (split 4 ways is almost nothing) and tada.. you're bright eyed and bushy tailed the next morning ready to go.

As stated many times if you don't wanna run by all means go directly to the hotel. Some of us love the once a year chance to run with our friends at a road course. If you happen to be one of them cool, if not there is plenty to do where the hotel will be in 08. I don't suggest taking the car ferry anyhow to detroit but hey if thats what you wanna do have at it.

Back