• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official Reverse-Style Indiglo Gauge Faces GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im with teamSVTour, the money isnt a problem. Its just sending someone paypal money for a GB that died. Ive lost too much money here from GBs.

Although I'd like to see it happen....I've given up on it.

Unless someone else wants to pick up the ball on it. Preferably someone that has been around for a while and has credible reputation and/or has done successful GB's on here. I would but I am swamped for time right now with my new job.

I have been in contact with Shaun at Streetraceparts.com, and he is willing to put the new gauges on the website for us to make payment. When 15+ people have paid, the gauges will be made and shipped out. Here is the e-mail from Shaun:

"Thanks for writing. I was the one who spoke with Drew on the phone. I told him what we usually do is get the person wanting the gauges to get the people interested and then we would do the rest as far as shipping and taking payment. He insisted that he has done other group buys in the past, and has just had everyone PayPal him the money and had the products shipped to him and he would get it to each person. Again I tried to tell him that is what we do all day long is ship items and accept credit cards, but again he wanted to handle all of that. I think he was going for more of a discount by us only having to do one transaction on our end, and if I remember correctly I did give him a little more off for that.
What price is he offering it to the group for? and how much for shipping.

We have no problem doing what you ask, as I said that is how we normally do it.

What I can do is add an item to the website, then give you guys a discount code to get the group buy price. I would set the code up to only work on that one item and for a set period of time so we do not get stragglers weeks later wanting the special price. Maybe set it up for 2 week, giving everyone time to buy the item. Then once sales for that item hit the 15+ mark we will make them and production would take about 2-4 weeks, then once they were finished we would ship them out via priority mail to each person."

Is anyonestill interested? I would like to see these made.

Thanks Squirrel1.

This is exactly how the last one was done. I had said this earlier in this thread that it should be done this way again. But the OP wanted to handle all the transactions. I don't necessarily trust a newer member with group buys....especially when he wanted to "hold" all the $ and then how the thread just died off. Too much uncertainty there.

This is the best route. Go straight through the company via their website. I am down for doing it this way. I'm sure everyone else would be as well.

Squirrel1....

So that is 4 that have confirmed buying these through the website. Do we need 10 or 15 ppl? The original post said 10 but your post mentioned 15. I'm hoping we can get the item up on the web-page soon and need just 10 so we can start getting these made ASAP.

So far, I have 7 that have confirmed and still have to hear back from the others. Shaun's e-mail was hoping for 15+ people, but I will get back to him when we have a final number of confirmed buyers. My guess is that we will probably have around 10. Hopefully that will be enough to get started on building the gauges and get them up on the website.

Update: I now have 9 confirmed and have not heard back from only Mac and Wantsansvt. I am also still waiting to hear back from Shaun to see if we can get this going with a minimum of 10 people.

Nice! Hopefully you hear back from Shaun soon and we can get these onto the website and into production quickly.

I'm sure once these are for sale on the website there will be a few additional straglers that weren't on the original GB list that will also purchase them as well.

As of this morning, I have not heard back from Shaun yet. I sent an e-mail to him last Friday and again yesterday. I will call him today to get an update.
On another interesting note, I have sent several PM's to Mac, asking if he is going to be in on this group buy, and also asking for a refund of the paypal funds I sent. I also noticed that he was logging on to the forums every day up until Saturday, so I know he got the PM's and is reading this thread. No response from Mac yet. You can probably guess what I am thinking about that.

On another interesting note, I have sent several PM's to Mac, asking if he is going to be in on this group buy, and also asking for a refund of the paypal funds I sent. I also noticed that he was logging on to the forums every day up until Saturday, so I know he got the PM's and is reading this thread. No response from Mac yet. You can probably guess what I am thinking about that.

Hate to say it...but...why am I not surprised.

I went to the streetraceparts.com website and the Contour SVT gauges shown are regular indiglo not reverse. Is there something I'm missing here?

As of this morning, I have not heard back from Shaun yet. I sent an e-mail to him last Friday and again yesterday. I will call him today to get an update.

Same here. I've sent him two PM's and nothing, but noticed he logged in after having sent both of them. It's too late for me to file a dispute on paypal, but maybe not for you?

Paypal gives 45 days for a claim, and if you paid with a credit card through paypal, your CC company may have a longer timeframe for filing a claim.
I spoke with Shaun today, the new gauges are going up on the website and he is going to send a discount code that is valid for 2 weeks. I will post up in a new thread as soon as I have the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back