• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official GB: DSS Level 3.9 Axle/Hub kit, supports 600HP!!

$1k on axles, I would expect band clamps to be installed correct the first time, and if not, I would expect shipping to be covered both ways. Thats just me.

Just thought I'd update this on that note. Frank at DSS sent me a return UPS label and everything about a week ago. I finally shipped the axle back yesterday afternoon. I'll update you guys when they have had a chance to look it over. I'm hoping it's just the band clamp, but either way at least they are going to look over everything and make sure there are not any other issues as well.

from my invoice, I have a part # of F5RZ-2C026A for the rear Brembo's...not any preference just that my previous Baers were worn out and the Brembo's are what the garage suggested, and price was right

thats a stock ford oem rear rotor part number.

thats a stock ford oem rear rotor part number.

Yup I noticed that too. Brembo doesn't make a rotor from what I saw. Only thing that I found for a performance aftermarket rotor was the Baer Decelrator rotors (p/n: 54062-020), which I think are for the front rotors anyway (but this is what I needed for my BBK so it's all good)

Last edited:
Just an update... I received my driveshaft back fro DSS. All fixed up and ready to go. Shipping both ways paid for too.

Just an update... I received my driveshaft back fro DSS. All fixed up and ready to go. Shipping both ways paid for too.

Good deal! Is Frank good about responding to emails? I sent him an email about my stage 2 axles and never heard back.

Good deal! Is Frank good about responding to emails? I sent him an email about my stage 2 axles and never heard back.

They state in all of their responses that if it is important and you want a quick turn around the best way is to call them as they do not have a lot of time for responding to emails. I've called him a number of times and he is very willing to help. Just call their number and ask for Frank.

I've had mine on installed almost a year now, and no issues. I don't drive it hard or race the car anymore, so they haven't really been tested.

No experience with DSS on this platform, but ran them on my CTS-V. Handled launches spraying off the line just fine. The diff not so much.

Back