• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

OBX LSD? Torsen Knock-off?

What I'm saying is having them professionally done is much different than what I think Kaos was implying about people just redrilling their own pieces to make them work.

no its not. I cant remember if its something they used to do or if its something they do now but the Baer kit came with redrilled cobra rotors, unless you buy the upgraded 2 piece rotors.

exactly, and rara and another guy are working on putting a package together to use the normal cobra caipers too.

like a baer kit, but cheaper.

I'm waiting to see how that comes out, should be cool

exactly, and rara and another guy are working on putting a package together to use the normal cobra rotors like a baer kit, but cheaper.

I'm waiting to see how that comes out, should be cool

I have no idea if it will be cheaper than the Baer kit in the long run or not. But the brackets I'm waiting on to be machined will allow the use of a redrilled cobra rotor (also requires hub-centering rings) and the standard Cobra PBR calipers (or the Cobra R 4-piston brembo calipers) instead of the Baer calipers that are similar to the Cobra PBR caliper, but use a modified anchor bracket, so they aren't directly interchangeable with the Cobra caliper.

IT will not work...just as a few have already said! The SVT FOCUS does not have the same transmission as the SVT CONTOUR!!! Contour has the MTX-75 and the Focus uses the Getrag 6-speed trans. Thus...WON'T FIT!!!

Back