• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Nova SS FTMFW!

i like shiny muscle cars...but that one has grown on me. i look at that car and i see the rugged american muscle detroit was famous for creating. it's cool in it's own way.

That's what i'm wondering, i think that thing needs to be packed with mufflers so when you cruise it's very quiet, but get cut outs so you can open her up.

it's actually relatively sedate at idle... don't get me wrong, it sounds like it's got a little something, but it doesn't sound like 1,000HP normally would. lol.

well that's good to know, cause i think a car like that needs to carry the sleeper factor not just to looks, but to sound.

yeah, but not too much so. if it was too quiet, someone like me wouldn't even bother racing it, ya know? so it needs to sound healthy to get some races, just not too healthy! lol.

If you read the text!

Showcase how Rotrex Superchargers offer all the tributes which are crucial when choosing to supercharge the ultimate sleeper car.
1. Whisper quiet operation
2. Compact size – twin head units packed neatly under the original hood.
3. Horsepower – well over 1100 hp

The only thing I would do is replace the steering wheel with an era correct warm but not ratty one and re-pad the seat to be comforatble.

-Andy

I think the theory is that you wouldn't see the super fat slicks until he walked away from your ass at the starting line (*cough* traffic light *cough*)! :D

The bids are up to 40 large and still going. Reserve not met yet.

lol, there's no way that car sounds stock. i pretty much give every car a good once over, especially a classic muscle car - no mattwer what condition it's in. I understand their theory, and think it was executed as perfectly as possible - but i think any true car enthusiast would pick up on the subtle hints. Or the drag slicks!

You know as well as I do that there are tons of cocky "kids" out there in their mommy-and-daddy-paid-for-it Trans-Am or some such that will just glance at this thing and think to themselves, "I can't take this chump easy!" :D I'd love to be there to see the look on their faces when they get trounced!

Sure, to the serious car buff, the mods are fairly obvious. But to the average Joe Schmoe, not so much so.

i encounter cars like that all the time out on woodward, and trust me, i'd have run him if he pulled next to me. you usually aren't on the lookout for something like that, you just happen to look over and hear a decent sounding old nova next to you, then you're off! and getting your ass handed to you! lol.

Back