• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Not bad, what do you think?

Thanks Shannon.
I know Novi357s car and yes it is a sleeper, pretty sweet.
I actually like the small cowl over the stock hood personally but I plan to change the hood to the Cervini's heat extractor that uses the factory hood off your car grafted to a Foxbody. I want it more for the heat extracting component and it should look even more subtle.
I'm picking the car up Friday, can't wait to drive it but I doubt I'll have it at 16psi until I get to the track.
Later man.
-J

That Terminator hood for the Fox body that Cervini's makes is the hottest hood you can get. Plus Cervini's is top notch stuff.

I hear you, I'm waiting to see one in person. They actually used the real Cobra dome and vents (ships from Cervinis with OEM Ford Cobra hood vents :) ) but the cowl area does not match the Fox exactly and a few guys on Mustang sites mentioned that looking off. I don't think that would be a big deal and I have even considered modifying the factory cowl vent area to match the hood and allow more heat to escape. Like I said I want this for the function and my downpipe is right near the vents so it should help with underhood heat---and there's a lot of that :)
-J

Thanks Shannon.
I know Novi357s car and yes it is a sleeper, pretty sweet.
I actually like the small cowl over the stock hood personally but I plan to change the hood to the Cervini's heat extractor that uses the factory hood off your car grafted to a Foxbody. I want it more for the heat extracting component and it should look even more subtle.
I'm picking the car up Friday, can't wait to drive it but I doubt I'll have it at 16psi until I get to the track.

Hey J I'm just giving credit where credit is due mang... that's a bad mofo you have on your hands :laugh:

I'd like to see the hood you're talking about... I didn't know they had came out with something like that. I'm sure it will look great though and it will do the job of "heat extracting" lol. You can see the heat come out of the vents on my car during the summertime.

I like the wheels too... I've been thinking about getting a set of those for my car but I'd have to do some "modifying" to get a 15" wheel on the back.

Shannon

This is the hood he's talking about...

cervinis-hood.jpg

I see you're in Pittsburgh...are you coming to Carlisle Ford? Cervini's is always there with a trailer full of hoods. You might be able to pick one up cheaper there.

I'll try an see if I can find a pic, they do look good but I haven't seen many.
I took off my hood blanket and fixed the vent to always opened on my '04 Cobra and I know what you mean, so I no they work :)
With my car I think I'd add the polished aftermarket vents to match the wheels.
As far as my Billet Specialty wheels go, a Cobra guy took his car to BS to try and find a way to use these with the Cobras. Also they now have 17x7s and 17x11s and supposedly are working on a 17x4, so that might help.
Later man, J

haha Jeff, you're quick.
No on Carlisle this year, I'll be in Ohio for my daughter's baptism and getting the car ready to race at the NMRA event the next weekend.
I do plan on getting out there next year, my dad has a '67 GT500 that should be finished by then. His friend who is helping with the resto has some rediculous Shelbys and Boss cars and trailers a few (of his 8-10 :) ) and told my dad he may bring his car to Carlisle next year if its done. Would be amazing if all that happens.
-J

wow. just wow man. very nice. we have cars like that around MN, but none of them guys are into contours :D
Thanks man.

I picked it up last week and he put back on the dyno just to let us see it and check a few things, repeated exactly within 1%.
If I plug the boost controller vacuum in it makes 16psi and 865/900 and unplugged makes 7psi 670/680.
I've got a nice dyno vid but photobucket was being a fugger before I left so that will have to wait until next week.
Tomorrow is D-day if I'll make the race or not, my tach died and I had another small electrical issue If they are fixable I will make passes this weekend.
I am also planning on showing the SVT in the car show Saturday so stop by and say hi if you see either car.
NMRA (national mustang racers ass.) at Milan this Fri/Sat with the car show Sat.---great event.
-J

Nice car and numbers. If it's ment to be more of a track car, I would pull the 5-speed and go auto. Don't even bother with a C4 either. Go straight to glide with some 3.08-3.27 gears. Still plenty streetable if done right. We took my buddies notch, which has been 8.2's @ 168 mph, cruising this past weekend and went to a car show. People laughed when a cop pulled into the parking lot behind us. He just wanted to give us hell for the parachute blocking the plates. LOL!

Edit...here is a video his wife shot.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/....htm?ref=5d6f43b9-cd6b-49aa-a95f-9c21013ebce9

Waiting to see how I like the stick once everything gets ironed out.
I understand the need for an auto but I had all the good stuff for a stick set-up so we'll see.
It definitely wouldn't get a C4, mostlikely a 'glide or fully built AOD, maybe a T400.
I don't have a truck/trailer and need to drive it 30-45 minutes to the tracks---how does your buddies 'glide do on the street? This car will get driven about once a week and raced about once a month.
Everything is looking good for Friday, wish me luck :)
-J

Track update after running it at NMRA Milan this weekend.
Only made 3 passes.
First pass Friday: 10.37 @ 140.5 on 7psi!
That was my first clean pass with the car and all I wanted to do was get it down the track. Drove through some tire shake with a 1.66 60' and shifted it easy just under 6000rpm. Felt good to finally get a clean pass and a 10 sec slip. I was surprised by the 140mph trap on 7psi. Decided to leave to watch Pens-Wings game 7, should have just stayed at the track.
Second pass Sat. morning: Kept the low boost, made some adjustments to tire pressure and tried a higher launch but it shook the tires harder and I got out of it and the clutch slipped when I hit second so I aborted.
Third pass: I knew I might have hurt the clutch and didn't want to hurt the clutch or any parts trying to launch it before I got a high boost pass. I plugged in the boost controller for 16psi and decided to leave like you would from a street light (2.29 60' :) ). I rolled into the throttle in 2nd and ran it out the back door to 11.37 @ 148.89! Man that top end charge was awesome! My brother said it layed a 100' patch in 2nd and made a small move left but it stayed straight and didn't get upset at all by my speed shifts (not power shifts).
Sorry no vids but I have a few pics I'll post later.
I have a good dyno vid but photobucket didn't want to load it again so I'll figure something out.
On a side note my brother averaged 10.66 in True Street. he drove it there and back, ran E85 on 18" DRs. He was hitting nitrous in 2nd gear but he didn't have a full bottle and it was done by the third run, mph went 132 to 131 to 129.
-J

Back