• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Nopi Nats canceled!

yeah, the NOPI name is gone, but apparently many of the same people and sponsors will be running it. J Bird from NOPI TV fame has picked up the ball...

I still have not heard yet whether the audio competion I will be judging will also still be there, or if they had already done too much to get their own venue to go back. I hope to hear something either today or over the weekend.

yeah, the NOPI name is gone, but apparently many of the same people and sponsors will be running it. J Bird from NOPI TV fame has picked up the ball...

...and J Bird has dropped the ball.....

Apparently J Bird and Bob Daniels will not be taking over the event. Now it is Atlanta Motor Speedway itself that will be holding the event.....

I'll share more as I hear (or read) it.

...and J Bird has dropped the ball.....

Apparently J Bird and Bob Daniels will not be taking over the event. Now it is Atlanta Motor Speedway itself that will be holding the event.....

I'll share more as I hear (or read) it.
wtf:confused: they need to figure out whats going on with this

AMS is having a "drag" event on the former NOPI dates and does not want the sound competition organizations to attend. :confused::nonono:

Therefore, I will not be attending this event. now I am stuck with a plane ticket that I don't need to use.:blackeye:

AMS is having a "drag" event on the former NOPI dates and does not want the sound competition organizations to attend. :confused::nonono:

Therefore, I will not be attending this event. now I am stuck with a plane ticket that I don't need to use.:blackeye:
come down and see us then bob! no sense in waisting the ticket:crazy:

Got this from Import Atlanta:

This is the email I got from Atlanta Motor Speedway today:

While I understand where you are coming from I trust that you understand that we are not comfortable producing an event in some 45 days that we do not know much about. This year is not the year to be taking large risks…

While we do hope to draw some of the “tuner” nation we are not trying duplicate NOPI. A three day show with no guarantee is not something that we are going to consider for this year. We feel strongly that it is in our best interest and for those that choose to attend that we stay with what we know. The show will be a 2 day show on both Friday and Saturday.

Again, this is not intended to be a replacement for NOPI however anyone looking for a fun event with fast cars, drag racing, car show and burnout contest is sure to get their monies worth at our event. It is going to be just $20 to drag or show each day, $10 to burnout (Saturday only) and $10 per day or $15 for the weekend for spectators. As always parking outside is FREE. There is no better value…

I will send more details soon. Please help us let those interested know that we will have a great event that weekend.

Again - this was an email to S3 Mag from Atlanta Motor Speedway. This is not a message from S3 Mag.

I will still be going as will a bunch of the people that usually go, anyone else?

Well, despite being confused as hell about what is happening with the audio side of the weekend in Atlanta, I think I have most of the information now.

Ryan's post above was the first I knew of there being competing events that weekend. I made a post over on the IASCA forums and apparently that was the first they knew of it too.

Apparently, when AMS told IASCA that they did not want any autosound events with their drag event, IASCA asked if they could simply have some "real-estate" in case one of the local promotors wanted to have a show. This was agreed to.

So now there will be IASCA-, MECA-, and USACi-sanctioned regional autosound events, along with the Car Audio Nationals Finals event that I was asked to judge, on a small patch of real estate at AMS that will be seperated from the track's own drag racing event that weekend.

This weekend is so f'ed up already that I don't know if I should even try to get on the plane. Who knows what air travel will do to me...

Well most people will be at GICC for the car show, its indoors and thats where all the nopi regulars will be, from what I understand.

:nonono:

Well, while you guys are all nice and cool inside your air conditioned convention center, just remember those of us that will be sitting inside enclosed vehicles with the engines off... working at a show that is at the AMS without being part of the AMS show... (how that is going to work, I have no idea).

:help::cry::blackeye:

I'd rather be indoors too (which was the original NOPI plan... in the garage area inside the track).

Feeling guilty yet??? :laugh:

No not really Bob:laugh::laugh: I remember last year it was cold as hell, but every other year it was burning up, so this year should be perfect.

Woo Hoo!!!!

Just got the word I've been waiting for...

Motorsport Nationals will be having SEVERAL car audio contests going on at it. In addition to the Car Audio Nationals (CAN) championship I'll be judging, there will be an IASCA TKE, MECA State Finals, USACi 1x and potentially a dbDrag show all at the show. Better still, all the CAN cars will be indoors!!

YAY!!

I feel better now.

Woo Hoo!!!!

Just got the word I've been waiting for...

Motorsport Nationals will be having SEVERAL car audio contests going on at it. In addition to the Car Audio Nationals (CAN) championship I'll be judging, there will be an IASCA TKE, MECA State Finals, USACi 1x and potentially a dbDrag show all at the show. Better still, all the CAN cars will be indoors!!

YAY!!

I feel better now.

Awsome Bob, then you better come find me and say hey:laugh:

The car is about 80% ready, what I did this weekend

Wash
Claybar
Wash
Wax
Wax
Wax
Wheel wells
Struts and springs cleaned
Calipers cleaned
Rims cleaned and lip polished
Polised fuel door
Polished all turbo piping
All windows done
Interior done
Engine bay done
Trunk cleaned

Now I am just waiting on a blue hose kit I bought online for the engine bay, Lights from bagged, then install H.I.D kit on them, New Tial bov to get welded on while I am at Disney, Dropping Mirko off tomorow to get re-painted, and new floormats from ceger, and then I am done. Its covered and sleeping till I get back from my vacation.

Back