• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

No more $300 truck now its $1000 Millenia S

98MystiqueLS

CEG'er
So i flipped the truck...well not literally :laugh: i just fixed it and sold it. Made a good profit. So i was looking around on Craigslist as usual. Then i saw this. 1996 Mazda Millenia S. If you dont know about the car. Its a 2.3l V6 supercharged and its a miller cycle motor which is a modified 2 stroke. Basically a 2 stroke with valves. Its supposed to be more efficient. I went and looked at it...she was pretty rough. Needed a cleaning BAD!!! but i offered the guy 1000 and he took it. drove the car home and the problems became apparent. This guy completely lied in the add. Wheel bearings HA! Ball joints...ur kidding right. So far ive replaced 2 wheel bearings, a upper ball joint, the sway bar links, radiator, and done a tranny flush. It still needs more work but its getting there. The car has 174k. The main problem right now is it still overheats. then once it gets warm it stalls. I think the problems are seperate but idk. im trying to get the car on the road. but first i gotta fix this overheating issue. Well heres some pics.

Heres the craigslist add.
http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/1050434430.html

IMG_2051.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2057.jpg

IMG_2069.jpg

I have always like the millenia S's, but the myler cycle is under powered for it's day for sure, making like only 210 HP, and I don't think there is much of an aftermarket fro the also

I have always like the millenia S's, but the myler cycle is under powered for it's day for sure, making like only 210 HP, and I don't think there is much of an aftermarket fro the also

The HP rating of that car was comparable to the Avalon which was it's main competition.

And Miller cycle engines are versions of 4 stroke engines, not two stroke engines.

From http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question132.htm:

A Miller-cycle engine leaves the intake valve open during part of the compression stroke, so that the engine is compressing against the pressure of the supercharger rather than the pressure of the cylinder walls. The effect is increased efficiency, at a level of about 15 percent.

The HP rating of that car was comparable to the Avalon which was it's main competition.

And Miller cycle engines are versions of 4 stroke engines, not two stroke engines.

From http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question132.htm:

A Miller-cycle engine leaves the intake valve open during part of the compression stroke, so that the engine is compressing against the pressure of the supercharger rather than the pressure of the cylinder walls. The effect is increased efficiency, at a level of about 15 percent.

i see......:crazy:

sorry to hear.. and these cars are a :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: to work on. think the 2.5 is tight? the miller will skin whatever it can. it has a mind of its own heh..

the car for its day was good just like the SVT.. Besides the miller at freeway speeds is where she wakes up.. Just be lucky ur supercharger didnt go out... If u see oil anywhere where u shouldn't, 9 and half times out of 10 its going.

sorry to hear.. and these cars are a :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: to work on. think the 2.5 is tight? the miller will skin whatever it can. it has a mind of its own heh..

the car for its day was good just like the SVT.. Besides the miller at freeway speeds is where she wakes up.. Just be lucky ur supercharger didnt go out... If u see oil anywhere where u shouldn't, 9 and half times out of 10 its going.

Yea you can say that again. I thought the SHO was a pain. This car is evil to your hands. But i love it. Such a great car. The quality of the interior amazes me and with 175k It still runs perfect...well it did until the fuel pump went a few days ago :laugh:. So now to drop the gas tank. fun stuff. I may fix it and sell it. We shall see. Ive got my sights set on something smaller and faster lol.

Something that's worth a try.......

I had a 96 Grand Cherokee with the 5.2L, and it started to over heat. I had replaced the waterpump andt-stat when I first got it and it helped, but still ran hot. I got a replacement radiator, and it still ran hot! Then I unhooked the rad hoses and got one of those radiator flush kits to flush the block, had it running on cold hose water and was acctuating the TB by hand to keep it running at a higher RPM, and BAM! A HUGE blob of........ something came blooping out on my bare feet (water was going all over the place, didn't want wet shoes/socks). It was like a giant egg, only it was clear with red veins running through it, was the size of a dinner plate and it was alive. IDK WTF it was, but after that..... the cooling system worked great!

Something that's worth a try.......

I had a 96 Grand Cherokee with the 5.2L, and it started to over heat. I had replaced the waterpump andt-stat when I first got it and it helped, but still ran hot. I got a replacement radiator, and it still ran hot! Then I unhooked the rad hoses and got one of those radiator flush kits to flush the block, had it running on cold hose water and was acctuating the TB by hand to keep it running at a higher RPM, and BAM! A HUGE blob of........ something came blooping out on my bare feet (water was going all over the place, didn't want wet shoes/socks). It was like a giant egg, only it was clear with red veins running through it, was the size of a dinner plate and it was alive. IDK WTF it was, but after that..... the cooling system worked great!

That's :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing AWESOME!

It was like a giant egg, only it was clear with red veins running through it, was the size of a dinner plate and it was alive. IDK WTF it was, but after that..... the cooling system worked great!

if this really happened, i hope you either kept it or have a picture of it!

Back