• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Nitrous on a Zetec

sjsmk1

New CEG'er
Anybody got it?? I'd like to see some reviews and pics of installed kits if you've got um! Might be the next in a series of purchases...Thanks!

don't believe that there is anyone here on CEG with a zetec and nitrous ... I would check a focus board for info ...

I think SleeperZ did. Also, fastcougar on the NECO forums has nitrous on his turbo'd Zetec. There are a ton of Focus guys running nitrous on their Zetecs. A guy that lives right by me is running the NOSzle setup that attaches right before the injectors. Pretty slick.

HTH,
BP

Last edited:
even smart people with nitrous can go boom.....

i'd do forced induction on a zetec before id get a bottle though, i bet you could get a used jackson blower or a turbo kit for fairly cheap

Smart people can go boom on ANY kind of mod even extreme bolt ons can hve advers effects if abused.

I'd say just as many foci (since we're talking about zetecs here) grenade the motors on turbos and SCs as nitrous.

I agree...50-55 shot on the stock engine would be fine and fun.

I ran a 14.4 with a 65HP shot and a few other minor bolt-on mods (pre-Quaife so there was plenty of wheel spin & with the stock header and cat).
I ran a 75HP shot many times and even a 100HP shot a few times (just for the fun of it) without one single problem. Although I recommend staying at a 65 or 75 HP shot.
The Zetec is a stout little engine that loves nitrous.

I have a 75 shot on my zetec. when I put it on I had about 80,000 miles on it and only used it about 2 or 3 times. My car now has 175,000 miles and I wouldnt even think of using it now. I just use it now to dress up my trunk to look nice at shows, and I purge it in front of teenage idiots and their civics when they are trying to get me to race them. Which I dont do. They almost always back down. :laugh:

Back