• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Night shot...

I work in the car audio department at my local best buy (part time job for the discount), and that has to be the crappiest sub and box combo we sell. I can understand needing to save money, but if you must buy cheap you might as well get the insignia subs and a regular sealed box. The sony amp also sucks, and there are much better amps in that price range available at best buy.

I work in the car audio department at my local best buy (part time job for the discount), and that has to be the crappiest sub and box combo we sell. I can understand needing to save money, but if you must buy cheap you might as well get the insignia subs and a regular sealed box. The sony amp also sucks, and there are much better amps in that price range available at best buy.

But you have to understand. In the modern highschool parking lot Neons + Speakers is the same as Ricers + Stickers. It makes it that much louder!!

ooohhhhh that's what I was missing...

neons to make my subs louder....

I missed that somewhere in all my audio edumakation...:crazy: :nonono:

how silly of me to not notice.

ooohhhhh that's what I was missing...

neons to make my subs louder....

I missed that somewhere in all my audio edumakation...:crazy: :nonono:

how silly of me to not notice.
Yeah, I was disapointed that you missed that obvious proven fact. And they crowned you SQ champion 5 times... Shame on you.

if you want to check out a real system come and hear mine, i will get pictures of it sometime when i get it in the 'tour, but right now in my ranger i have 1 memphis pr 12" svc subs with a 500 watt m-class class d mono amp all with memphis 4 gauge wire. i had 2 in a ported box in the back of my focus se and hit 139.8 after only having it for a week, so they weren't broken in yet, and nor are they now. but if your really looking for something thats loud and will be something, go with memphis. great brand, and great warranty.
go here to see them in action
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/brands/memphiscaraudio.htm

Ohhh my lord, Is this what the forum has come to?

98contourGL 139db? I made some stock ac delco 6x9's hit 131db you should ask for your money back.

This thread needs more Stroker!

DSC00137.jpg

holy moly, that speaker is the size of steedas ass....wow! LOL. My "system" is lame, and I know it. I was a cheap bastage when I bought it, cause I was broke. LOL. 2 10" sony 1100 watt subs (yeah right, i know) in a MTX ported box (not sure of cubic feet) with horns on it, and a 1200 watt sony amp (yes again, not 1200 watts actually going out. LOL) but it was on clearance for like $80 back in the day. When it was in my talon (hatchback), I could feel the air movement from the subs. I am scared to hear some of your guys set ups....like said before, it is going to make my colon bleed. NOw I have money to buy good stuff, but I don't care anymore :) Sounds good enough for me and I don't want the people down the block to know that I have a "system". Actually they are in my car but they aren't hooked up yet. Just listening to everything on the infinity door speakers. Jeez, I am getting old.

Back