• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

new to severe detailing

Towels (I'm assuming microfiber) are cheap enough that you should have enough on hand to use one towel for each individual product. In fact, you may find that you need to use 2 for the polishes, depending on how much they break down. I wash mine after use in a bucket of warm water w/ some Dawn soap. Let them soak for a while (over nite if you can), and then rinse them thoroughly with warm water. If you wish, you could re-wash in Woolite/water solution, but I usually get good results w/ just the Dawn. I hang my towels in the garage to dry. If you do dry them, make sure you DON'T use any dryer sheets. The microfibers will pick up residue from the sheets.

#20 is an excellent product, but have you considered Mirror Glaze # 21 2.0 as a LSP? It has hydrophobic polymer technology, which makes water sheet off like crazy! #20 is a bit more reflective than #21, while #21 has a more glossy look. Just depends on the look that you're looking for.

any idea which would have a better result with a silver frost car?? the 21 or 20?? other then that does the list look ok?? oh and do the pads have to be cleaned with pad cleaner or can i use meguirs towel technique for getting polish out of them?

For microfiber towels I just pick up a 25 pack at walmart for $5 and then usually toss them after I use them for a wash and clean the wheels with them.

I've used #20 in the past, but now I've switched to #21 2.0. I feel that this product gives the best balance between synthetic (shine) and carnuba (gloss). However, every time I use #20 I am always very pleased w/ the results. For the ultimate look, try #20 or #21 topped w/ #26. You're car will look wet:cool:

I clean my pads the same way as the microfibers. Soak them in a bucket w/ water and Dawn soap, rinse, and let air dry for a couple of days. Meguiar's just released foam pads which are washer machine safe, but I would still wash those in a bucket to avoid leaving polish/wax residue in my washer.

Back