• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Tiburon replacement uncovered - Genesis Coupe

Updated photos. If the price is right this may become my DD
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2010-hyundai-genesis-coupe/701359/

genesiscoupe_56.jpg

112_0805_01zhyundai_genesis_coupethree_quarters_rear_view.jpg

genesiscoupe_461a.jpg

Reminds me of when nissan used to make the 240sx's. Inexpensive rwd sports coupe. I wonder how much it will weigh. Prob no where near as light as a 240. Can't wait to test drive one.

Its supposed to be unveiled this week at the New York show. We should be able to get all the details then. I think it looks pretty good. I wish it had a bigger grill though, but the interior looks good

Hate to say it, but muscle cars died in the 70's

and with ford's current third-world disgrace carrying the mustang badge, that korean "ricer" will likely walk all over it. We'll know more when details are made official, but I would die faster than an unpowered airliner falls out of the sky if I held my breath waiting for ford to be competive.

So many people are unflinching badge snobs. I personally judge a car by how it looks, performs, and prices out vs it's direct competition, not who's label is slapped on it. I do agree that Hyundai has not proven itself (yet) capable of making a serious sports car, but I believe they have matured enough as an automaker for their efforts with the Genesis to be taken seriously. Hyundai's quality and image has improved by leaps and bounds since 2001. On most of their car's, they now trail only slightly behind Toyota in reliability and safety in most reviews. Factor in a 5yr 60k bumper to bumper warranty, 100k warranty on the power train (original owner only), and the fact Hyundai's model for model clock in thousands less than the big three's similar offerings, it's hard not to place Hyundai as a serious contender.

I've owned two Hyundai's, a 2001 V6 Sante Fe and 2005 Sonata V6 (current). Both have proven themselves to be fantastic family cars and I would not hesitate to recommend or buy another Hyundai as a family or commuter car.

I certainly hope Hyundai makes a good first break into the performance sport car market with the Genesis while maintaining the great warranty, aggressive pricing, and near Japanese reliability that has remade Hyundai into the real contender it has evolved to be.

I like what I see with the Genesis and remain anxious to see how it does in reviews. My only gripe with it is the disturbing trend of making the cd headunit's in the consoles so unique, that their is no way to install an aftermarket one.

Last edited:
uhhh who cares about the V8 you get a kick ass car if you get the I4 or the V6.

19K for a turboed sports coupe? What a great price.

I could get a fully loaded Focus sedan for the same price, doesn't mean it looks good.

Initially I loved the shape....but now after seeing it from a few different angles...it looks a little back heavy. Kinda pear shaped.

After checking out that video, I'm convinced of the design.

Call me a badge snob if you want, but the first "mod" I'd pull on the Genesis is remove the H on the front grill. Other than that, it looks badass.

I'd buy one.

The design is growing on me... I think with a few aftermarket aero tweaks up front (a small lip maybe? and a different grille?), it could be a real nice looking ride.

They're supposed to be doing a convertible, targa top (with a retractable glass roof), and a lightweight model for the turbo 4cyl as well :drool: Hyundai is definitely stepping up their game:cool:

wow is all i have to say

its what i wish my csvt would do
spin the back tires now only if will get 30 mpg

id buy one ill trade both of my contours for one

Back