• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New headlights for $100?

my98SVTturbo

Hard-core CEG'er
I remebr seeing a p[ost saying the Bill J at team ford sold headlights for like $90 a piece but i cant find that post. i went to the team ford website and it said 172 each? does any one know wheere i can get some brand new OEM healights for around $100 each (no depos,tyc, or any of those other knock offs, had them once and aint goin back.) Thanks

TYC lights are what most body shops will use when not going with OEM, TYC is know for pretty good fit on any vehicle.

Depot is the company that is very hit or miss with contours. I've seen some pairs fit great, and others look quite retarded.

1. OEM, 2. TYC, 3. Depos...in ranking of best fit and quality i had one depo and one tyc. the tyc actualy wasnt too bad but the depo was nothing but crap.

Sorry for what may be a total NooB question, but will these be 100% swappable on a 1998 Mercury Mystique?

I'm trying to get up to speed on what's compatible, and both headlights have yellowed out and put out the light of a half-dead firefly.

Cool, thanks for the info.

Looks like from my research the Mystique lights run quite a bit more, but I'm going to have to pull the trigger since my current lights just aren't doing the job anymore.

If anyone knows of a good and not too expensive source for headlights (looks like from the discussions, OEM is the way to go), please let me know.

Thanks again for the answer.

Check will Bill Jenkins. I don't know if he can offer the same price as the Contour headlights, but he may be able to get you a good price.

I just got a pai from rockauto.com and paid $83 each. It took about 15 mins to install the first one and 5 mins for the second. They fit like new and even came with the bulbs (high and low beam NOT turn sigs.) The brand name on them is Keystone.

Cool, thanks for the info.

Looks like from my research the Mystique lights run quite a bit more, but I'm going to have to pull the trigger since my current lights just aren't doing the job anymore.

If anyone knows of a good and not too expensive source for headlights (looks like from the discussions, OEM is the way to go), please let me know.

Thanks again for the answer.
Have you tried sanding them to clear them up. IF not you could save yourself the money by doing that. Have a look around there's a few how tos.

Back