• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

new grill patterns

MadDog

Veteran CEG'er
While the stazi mesh mod is a fine mod, it got me thinking - you dont have to stop with mesh. Using Illustrator and Photoshop I have roughed out a pattern to use in the grill. The idea is that you generate a file, turn it into something a c-n-c shop with a laser table can read, and they cut the pattern from thin metal. Then mount the cut shape into a modified grill (separate the chrome ring and black plastic backing, dremel out the original plastic mesh pattern, tap out mounting holes, etc).

The picture is still pretty rough, but I think it gives the general idea. In principle, once you have the dimensions correct, you can substitute any pattern you like into the oval ring.

grilltest..jpg

Mad Dog

I can cut any style you can draw. I run the HPR260 HD CNC Plasma cutting table at work ;) :cool:

What type of files do you accept ? Can plasma do Aluminum (I have been told the plasma cutters cant do Al...)? Whats the cost per sqft ?

What do you think of the crossed lightning bolt pattern ?

Mad Dog

Back